Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Serious problems with my nuts !!

Options
  • 31-10-2003 11:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wheel nuts that is :)

They keep on breaking off, on one occasion i pulled over because of a loud noise coming from my left front wheel to find there was only 2 nuts left on it.

I went to kwik-fit and they said that whoever put the nuts on last time put them on too tight. I then took all the week nuts off and replaced them not too tight but i have still lost two since.

Now one stub of a wheel nut is stuck in the wheel bearing itself and i cant get it out. Its a nightmare.

Anybody have similar problems and know what is causing this. I drive a BMW e30. (a 1990 316i model)

Chief.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Slow down and quit taking those corners so hard.

You're not in a squad car yet :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ok gonna try and drill it out. Now wheres my drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Why dont u jus tdrill the big barge to death.

Its trying to give u a hint, Trade me in for a respectfull Beemer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its 13 years old and this is the only trouble it has given me, I have great respect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Now one stub of a wheel nut is stuck in the wheel bearing itself and i cant get it out

Ho ho.You'll have some fun there.You'll have to replace the bearing,and possibly the hub.Then torque you wheel nuts to BMW spec when your finished

Then again,maybe she just wants to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Made any enemies lately? :D Maybe somebody's trying to make your wheels fall of at high speed.

Advertisement