Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Idea

Options
  • 01-11-2003 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

How about creating boards just for certain events like the rugby world cup and the euro championships etc. They could be used in only for the time of the actual competiton.

In regards to what to do when they are finished, you could hide them or make them private.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There are times when I've thought of that alright and maybe for the Olympics (Special or otherwise) we might do that but for things like the Rugby world cup etc, it would tear the heart out of the Rugby forum and cause unnecessary division.
    for events that we wouldnt have a base forum to discuss it on then yes, I'd consider that.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Yeah your right Devore in regards to events with boards already covering them.
    But another idea would be to create sticky topics in these boards like "The Official Rugby World Cup Thread"

dont know what format the new front page is going to take but it would be nice to let people know about new forums for a week or two and special event forums so people know they exist.

Jeez i am full of ideas today.

:D

Advertisement