Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for a Forum...

Options
  • 01-11-2003 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Well, I have just got back into my roadracing/mountain biking/BMX'ing again so....i would like to request a Cycling sub-forum in the Sports Forum, eh since there isn't one.

Regards
    neuro
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Shouldn't the mod know a little about the subject? Not trying to be smart. or does he/she already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i would like to see a cycling forum as well, as it is proably the only healthy activity i participate in!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'd also like to see this forum and think it'd be quite popular there are a good few members I know who participate in Mountain biking and BMXing so I'd imagine it'll get a lot of traffic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by neuromancer
    Shouldn't the mod know a little about the subject? Not trying to be smart. or does he/she already?

oops, sorry i actually replied on the wrong the thread, and as a result the repply made little sense. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Anybody else? 3 shouts of support isn't enough for a main forum methinks...

• Advertisement

I'm sure there is more. How do I tell and few thousans members without spamming the Forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You could try putting
    [URL=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122792]Support the cycling forum![/URL]

or similar in your sig

Gonna try that now, cheers Sceptre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i was actually going to ask for one, but i thought i'd face a wall of apathy ..mehh
    count me as a vote ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

I'd like to see this forum too! There's alot of random cycling related threads popping up, the traffic is there but fragmented... that and it's one of the few things i enjoy so it'd be rather handy really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Yes, I would love to see a cycling forum....might help me get my fat ass back on my bike after 6 years! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Don't think there's a need to dedicate a whole forum to cycling , just post in the sports forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

wouldnt BMX and mountain biking be covered by extream sports
    They are both in the X games I think ???

Yes, but maintanance would crop up in some way or another. At least if there is a dedicated Forum you would more than likely find what your looking for in it, rather than hope to stumble upon it.

I know that BMX and mountain biking are "extreme" in some way, but a lot of people who are not fully aware of the " .xtreme games " culture. More into the recreational or commuter area.

The Extreme Sports forum does host a wealth of sports ie. BMX, mountain biking, skateboarding, surfing, motocross, wakeboarding. You would spend a while searching for something specific, as i said before.

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but everwhere i go I see a bicycle of some sort. In Dublin for instance, there is just as many bicycles as motor vehicals if not more. And I'm sure everyone has owned a bicycle in there lives at some stage, or has at the very least ridden one.

:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Considering I do a lot of touring (which I wouldnt consider "extreme sports" personally) I should have thought of this before...

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Considering I do a lot of touring (which I wouldnt consider "extreme sports" personally) I should have thought of this before...

DeV.

...so would a Cycling Forum be a good contender as, eh, a new Forum. Your voice would have a strong say in the matter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mountain biking forum pfffff...
    But yea on the touring or commuting cycling forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would support and use this.*

There are a lot of different types of cyclists - commuters, workers (post, couriers), recreational, tourers, extreme, amateur and professional. Cycling threads are welcome on Commuting / Transport, but it would only really cover part of the spectrum.

*Seeing as I am the treasurer of the Dublin Cycling Campaign. www.connect.ie/dcc

Originally posted by Victor
    I would support and use this.*

...but it would only really cover part of the spectrum.

So, is this another yes or no, to a Cycling Forum??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

This countries ordinary cyclists, need an ordinary everyday 'Cycling' forum.

P.;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Paddy20
    This countries ordinary cyclists, need an ordinary everyday 'Cycling' forum.

P.;)

Be more specific, you just described all cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by neuromancer
    So, is this another yes or no, to a Cycling Forum??
    It's a yes, whatever format it would take.

So, how many yes's do we need?

..and if there is one, how soon would it be up and running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

My post means, YES, I agree with you!, we need a 'Cycling Forum' is that a plain enough answer ?..

P.:rolleyes:

that will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I think we need a cycling forum. Not just for the sports stuff, but also for people (like me) who just cycle to get from A to B via C and back to D.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah on Sunday I'm gonna do a big round up of things I have to sort out from requests on this forum... this will probably be one of them unless some other admin objects... *shrug*
    (I'm in scotland on a cybercafe machine so I'm not settling into a few hours work while on hols :) )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 supergingerdave

There's a rather good irish cycling forum already, at:

http://www.irishcycling.net/board/index.php

And there's a good triathlon (swim/cycle/run) forum here:

http://3dtri.proboards24.com/index.cgi

They both appear to use the same forum website software as boards.ie

dave
    [I'd like to see a cycling forum on here]

So Devore, any updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

yep, i'd like to see a cycling forum.

Not anything specific (ie. Mountain biking.)

Just cycling in general so that all points would be covered.

Advertisement