Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignorant mod pt 2

Options
  • 01-11-2003 5:49pm

originally posted by Littletinyman
    Just banned utility_ from the CS board because he plain exists, not because of anything he said

I think it's quite ludicrous to think that a mod is able to ban a person from a forum, not because he was causing trouble, but only due to personal discrepancies which are totally unrelated to both the discussion at hand and boards.ie in general. I'm certain that these mods were appointed in good faith to keep each forum orderly, not to give them the power to carry out their personal vendettas.

Suggestion:

Perhaps it's time to review certain moderators' actions and partake in disciplinary action against the offending parties who do their best to make boards.ie an enjoyable experience for themselves, while attempting to ruin other people's.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Perhaps it's time you grew up and stopped being an inflammatory dickweed in every post you make. This is the textbook 180-degree holier-than-thou response of the banned muppet, and it's just dull.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

The boards and certain irc channels are not there to serve as creche for people like yourself utility. I fully support Par. Not that he needs any, some people are born tards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    Perhaps it's time you grew up and stopped being an inflammatory dickweed in every post you make.
    You see you just proved my point
    This is the textbook 180-degree holier-than-thou response of the banned muppet, and it's just dull.

No, I just figured that posting what I wanted to say in the way I wanted to say it would make my point easier to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

There are so many mods, as there are so many forums on Boards.ie. It really would be asking a lot if all the posters and moderators were expected to get along and agree with each other, in a rational and sane manner all the time.

We are all human and make mistakes, so allowances must be made, but a moderator who always believes they are right, and refuses to apologise, even when they are clearly simply being unfairly power-crazed !, deserves to be challenged every time.

As I know well.

P.:ninja: :p

• Advertisement

You don't have a point, you're just blubbering incoherently about being banned from the CS board because all you ever do on it is slag people off and flame.

Oh and by the by, I didn't ban you to "make boards.ie an enjoyable experience" for myself, I did it to slightly improve the overall quality and relevance of posts in cesspit of retardation that is the CS board.

As an aside, I think it's terribly funny that the removal of all the "I SHOULD BE KING OF BOARDS.IE LOOOOOOL" shite from your signature coincided with the posting of this desperate cry for help from the higher powers of boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

*grin* well spotted :ninja:

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    As an aside, I think it's terribly funny that the removal of all the "I SHOULD BE KING OF BOARDS.IE LOOOOOOL" shite from your signature

Actually it was removed prior, however what has that got to do with the situation? It was a joke signature that didn't insult or even affect anyone

coincided with the posting of this desperate cry for help from the higher powers of boards.ie!

No, it's not a "desperate cry for help", but rather I'm just pointing out what you did. Do you honestly think I should let this slide? If the same happened to you, what would you do?
    It's the principle of it.

Actually it was removed prior, however what has that got to do with the situation? It was a joke signature that didn't insult or even affect anyone

It was an insight into your boards.ie persona of an egotistical meathead with a penchant for muppetry.

Do you honestly think I should let this slide?

I personally couldn't care less, because I doubt it will make a difference either way. All you ever post to the CS board is random crap, and I'm sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jEt|Dino

Hang Par

hang him i say

utek dude CRY ME A FCUKING RIVER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

thats not utek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Amp test.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I never got round to banning utility from PI, I think I'll bother my arse now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Gordon
    I never got round to banning utility from PI, I think I'll bother my arse now...

lol Gordon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

utility's point is that your reason for banning him was retarded.

He may be an inflammotory dickweed, and if he is, ban him for it.

But the reason given is stupid.

Under what grounds, may I ask? I don't give anyone trouble, I don't spam, I don't give bad advice - in fact, I've taken my time to give some great advice recently(see thread about nice guys).

See this is what I mean, ignorant mods who just jump at any chance to enforce their rule. I mean, Gordon didn't have to say anything here. As anyone can see with a search, I don't cause any trouble on the PI forum, it was just yet another mod trying to make themselves look as big and bad as possible.

utility, consider this as a milkshake thrown at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by utility_
    See this is what I mean, ignorant mods who just jump at any chance to enforce their rule. I mean, Gordon didn't have to say anything here. As anyone can see with a search, I don't cause any trouble on the PI forum, it was just yet another mod trying to make themselves look as big and bad as possible.
    Mods are generally fairly disinterested in making themselves look as big and bad as possible. They just want a quiet life.

I’d tend to agree that as a reason for banning you, that you exist is pretty weak. Given this you’re hardly an aficionado of ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’ are you?

A few classic examples:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116247
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119606

From your arrival on Boards, every second post you’ve made has been a caustic troll. That you also often come out with valid and pertinent posts (I’ll grant you that), does not change the fact that the moment your name appears on the radar of a board, the mod present has to keep an eye on you because there’s a good chance that you’ll just be stirring trouble.

As for your behaviour on IRC, from what I’ve seen, it has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.

So the easiest solution is just to ban you pre-emptively. I would not subscribe to that myself, but such has your behaviour been in the past that I would probably ban you the moment you stepped out of line, even a tiny bit.

So I assume you're not even going to attempt to backup or even elaborate on your last post of banning me from PI? That's fine with me.

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Mods are generally fairly disinterested in making themselves look as big and bad as possible. They just want a quiet life.

I’d tend to agree that as a reason for banning you, that you exist is pretty weak. Given this you’re hardly an aficionado of ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’ are you?

A few classic examples:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116247
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119606
    I was wondering how long it would take before somebody brought this up. The milkshake thing was in real life, and not in boards and we all live and learn as far as those kind of things are concerned. Whats this got to do with me being banned because I "exist" and "NOT because of anything" I said?
    And what has it got to do with Gordon wanting to ban me from PI despite the fact I take my time to give advice to people while not causing any trouble?

From your arrival on Boards, every second post you’ve made has been a caustic troll. That you also often come out with valid and pertinent posts (I’ll grant you that), does not change the fact that the moment your name appears on the radar of a board, the mod present has to keep an eye on you because there’s a good chance that you’ll just be stirring trouble.

As for your behaviour on IRC, from what I’ve seen, it has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever.
    Well that's one opinion anyway. I don't believe for a second though that any mod at ANY stage has ever thought to himself, "Oh no, utility_ just posted on my forum, I've really got to keep an eye on him now". Every Second post has been a "caustic troll"? I disagree.
    I'm going to mention this even though we've been drilled so many times that #Boards.ie has NOTHING to do with www.boards.ie. I rarely go on #boards.ie on IRC. In fact, I think the only time I had any sort of significant convo there was once while I was very drunk. Care to elaborate on my IRC behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Par has all the reasons in the world to ban him. He simply gave his most honest reason for it. Par may have a superiority complex but in this case he is unfaulted in his decision.

Utility... Just shut the **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by utility_
    I was wondering how long it would take before somebody brought this up. The milkshake thing was in real life, and not in boards
    You posting, and practically boasting, about it was on boards though, wasn’t it?
    we all live and learn as far as those kind of things are concerned.
    You didn’t sound as if you learned anything from that thread. Your last post there was:
    BY THE WAY - that's ROYAL because I'm KING and HOLY because I'm GOD
    Whats this got to do with me being banned because I "exist" and "NOT because of anything" I said?
    Because it’s an example (one of many) of your character and that you’re frankly more trouble than you’re worth.
    And what has it got to do with Gordon wanting to ban me from PI despite the fact I take my time to give advice to people while not causing any trouble?
    I would assume because you’re just being banned pre-emptively because sooner or later you’ll do something that will merit it anyway.
    Well that's one opinion anyway. I don't believe for a second though that any mod at ANY stage has ever thought to himself, "Oh no, utility_ just posted on my forum, I've really got to keep an eye on him now". Every Second post has been a "caustic troll"? I disagree.
    And that’s your opinion. Oddly though, even you should be able to see from this thread that your opinion is not widely shared.
    Care to elaborate on my IRC behaviour?
    Suffice it to say that in conjunction with many of your posts on boards, it doesn’t paint a pretty character reference of yourself. As a result some mods have decided to pre-emptively ban you because sooner or later you’ll do something that will merit it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Ok, I've read the milkshake post before and I've just reread it now and I hadn't seen the one in after hours before where AngelWhore posted the log from IRC where Utility was drunkenly complaining that he would revenge the puch in the face he got from some knacker, so I read all that now.

A few things then I've got to say:

I'm not the first to actually defend Utility, but I wish I was so you would know I'm not just taking this stance because others have before me.

Utility does seem to be a curious dichotomy. It is true that by some of his posts you can easily make the assumption that he is an antisocial brat, and in others that he is a very level-headed and intelligent young man. I guess he must be both, just like we are none of us defined by just one thing.

In his "help a bro out" thread, he appears to be a brat who needs a good belt around the ear. I don't remember him expressing any particular remorse or understanding of what it may have been like for the woman in the car that he threw the milkshake at.

In the post that AngelWhore started where he posted the log from IRC, I was most impressed that Utility had the honesty to admit that if he actually did meet the knack who punched him in the face again, the only person doing the dying would be himself.

I think I have identified a few laudable character traits in Utility:

1: Honesty
    2: Integrity
    3: Knowledge of Self

Gordon - please don't ban utility from PI. I think he may well have further positive contributions to make to the forum. Have you ever noticed how when somebody posts reply with an opinion that is generally accepted by the next few posters that from then on, all you get is the same "me too" opinions rehashed over and over again. Utility seems to be someone who can at least think for himself, and thus could be a breath of fresh air.

What do you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    As a result some mods have decided to pre-emptively ban you because sooner or later you’ll do something that will merit it anyway.

What a load of cráp.
    Anyone with that type of view doesnt deserve to be a mod tbh.

And gordon, I'd love to hear your reasons for banning (or threatening to ban) utility from PI. Seems a bit of a bandwagon hopping reaction if you ask me.

I wont comment on the cs forum, because that board just plain brings out the worst in people.

Incidentally, Merc, all your posts I see these days contain nothing but the rolleyes emoticon.

I know how cutting you find that particular smiley, so I guess you must mean it to be particularly disparaging. What's the story though? Have you broken your fingers or something? Are you now reduced to posting with a special wand and find typing takes too much effort? Maybe you're just going for a record of most consecutive posts where you don't actually type one word?

I suppose at the same time you are being fairly articulate though!

Hey, I hope you don't mind me calling you Merc, by the way. I don't mean to be over familiar. I still don't know you.

Hey, Sangre - I agree.

Naturally, I'm aware of the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by ColinM

Naturally, I'm aware of the irony.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Thats reason enough for his banning in my opinion. Who cares if he's innocent, it's funny eh utility_....

Utility_ is such a bitch for complaining to the authorities like!

Oh the irony of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I often find lithium in chewable tablets often relieves this kind of maliase.

hth!

• Advertisement

I'm getting into this nasty ogreish mod thing now, excellent.

Sangre and ColinM shut yer jabberknackins and comply. COMPLY!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement