Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ignorant mod pt 2

Options
124»

Comments

Originally posted by amp

Well my first reaction would be "How on earth did utility_ become a moderator?" My next reaction would be to review my actions and then try not to repeat them in the future. I would seriously consider my posting habits on boards. I'd also accept the fact that others have been on boards far longer than I and that maybe I haven't fully got the full flavour of boards yet.

Yeah probably. I certainly wouldn't bother with a crusade of which I have no hope of winning. I wouldn't start bleating and slagging off a moderator. I'd take my punishment like a man instead of a spoilt child. [/B]

Ok So you wouldn't say anything...just keep quiet and "review" your actions? Dare I say that's a lie? I'd like ANYONE else to answer this question - Do you think that "amp" is blatently lying? OR, do you agree that if I just decided to ban him for no (good) reason, that he should keep quiet in order to take the punishment "like a man".

Originally posted by Kaimera
    who is this "utility_"??
    The sig is pretty self explanatory in a literal sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Threads like this make me want to use the Next Thread button

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by utility_
    Ok So you wouldn't say anything...just keep quiet and "review" your actions? Dare I say that's a lie? I'd like ANYONE else to answer this question - Do you think that "amp" is blatently lying? OR, do you agree that if I just decided to ban him for no (good) reason, that he should keep quiet in order to take the punishment "like a man".

So just because I'm saying something you don't agree with, it means I'm lying?

I'm a person that doesn't ignore criticism. When people act towards me in a hostile manner, my first reaction isn't anger or a quest for justice/revenge, it's curiousity. I want to understand why I'm under attack. And if I can change my behaviour to avoid attack in the future then I do so.

So I'm not angry that you're calling me a liar utility_, I know I'm not and I know you're merely saying that because you feel under attack and must lash out like a caged animal or a child would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by amp

you're merely saying that because you feel under attack and must lash out like a caged animal or a child would do. [/B]

Or a caged child, feisty little buggers.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I don't think amp is lying here, like most people who've spent a lot of time in online communities I think he's learned that most new comers are picked on and that fighting the system and moaning afterwards will get you nowhere. You were banned from the CS board because you acted the arse on the CS board. Ok par had a witty comment to make when he banned you but that's not really the end of the world around these parts. All you are really doing by starting this thread is wasting the admin's time and drawing more attention to the fact that you were trolling on CS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Thorbar
    I think he's learned that most new comers are picked on

I haven't learned that. Most newbies aren't picked on. The ones that arrive and think that everybody should automatically worship them are the ones that get picked on.

Plus, I have nothing against fight da power per se, as long as it's original. Unfortunately these days it's very hard to fight the power and be original.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

True True... how many newcomers do we get each month? How many troublemakers?

I remember Devore posting the stats sometime before. Trouble makers make up a very small percentage of newbies, they just happen to be the loudest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I for one am in anticipation for the stats on newcomer/troublemaker subscriptions per week. Victor, can you rustle something up for us please? Or is there a ready made sql query one could do on the database about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ok par had a witty comment to make when he banned you
    :confused:

I'm not a "n00b" to online communities. The first ones I joined would have been around the middle of 1999, so I know what the story is.

Like I said, I was happy with the answer I got - it's you people trying to be 1337 in saying "Oh utility this is sooo boring we've seen it sooo many times before" that dragged it on. All I was doing was bringing an incident to the attention of the moderators...

Originally posted by ecksor
    Is that not a result? utility_ has indicated that it is.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DapperGent

quote:
    Ok par had a witty comment to make when he banned you

:confused:

my sentiments exactly

it's you people trying to be 1337 in saying "Oh utility this is sooo boring we've seen it sooo many times before" that dragged it on.
    I would have thought that if someone was trying to be 1337 they would say "yore ghey". Or has 1337 $p34|< advanced a tad?

Originally posted by Gordon
    I would have thought that if someone was trying to be 1337 they would say "yore ghey". Or has 1337 $p34|< advanced a tad?

can't even do a 1337 "p". fag...

Well don't I look silly now...

What is 'p' anyway? |* or is it /' or maybe A or perchance 67? Yours anticipating in homoerotic text
    Lots of love, Gordon
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

CS is clearly dead now anyway guys, sure I don't play it anymore ;). Let it die!!!

I suggest Utility should be unbanned. We need comedians to keep things lively, 'king of boards' rofl. :) He's funnier than LTM anyway :p

Ltm & DeVore, nudge nudge, wink wink ;) 'We're not friends', hehe yea....

Originally posted by Praetorian
    He's funnier than LTM anyway :p

That's not really saying much...

I've taken shits funnier than ltm and his "witty" comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I don't think your a bad guy Utility. In fact the banning may have been a little harsh. Just ask nicely to be un banned, and try and stick with the forum rules in future and you'll be grand.

Indeed, utility_ you give some good advice in PI and I have seen you write with impartiality on other boards. The milkshake incident leads me to dislike you and have zero respect for you, thankfully this isn't a determining factor in one's banishment from a board, it is one's words on the board in question that counts. Hence, if I modded the Afterhours board I would have probably banned you from there. heh.

Stop being so abusive and pm LTM and see if you can sort it out and maybe he'll let you back in, although none of us can speak for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'd like ANYONE else to answer this question - Do you think that "amp" is blatently lying?

No, I don't.

Why did you emphasise "blatently" by the way? Is it like going back over your posts and marking the mis-spellings with a magic marker?
    OR, do you agree that if I just decided to ban him for no (good) reason, that he should keep quiet in order to take the punishment "like a man".

No.

There's a difference between 'should' and 'would' however and if he says he would than I see no reason not to believe him.

It's a moot point however as the chances of you moderating a board are probably as strong as the chances of me becoming all-powerful ruler of Botswana.
    The sig is pretty self explanatory in a literal sense.

You have no power or importance here so no, it isn't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

fag...

Less of that might get a bit more sympathy for your case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement