Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Points. Summons. Paid fine. You decide

Options
  • 01-11-2003 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I got pulled in for speeding in February of this year on the Naas Duel doing 70 in a 60. Got a fine blaa blaa blaa,

I asked a friend of mine, in the force shhould I worry about it, since the whole points thing was going through it's probation period. he told me not to worry and not paid the fine.

All was fine and dandy until last month i get the summons(oh no, this is all I need).

Anyway, a week or 2 after the summons, I decided to try and pay the fine and see what happens.

In the fines office, they told me that I was not able to pay the fine, because I had a month after recieving the fine to pay it. I played dumb when i was told this.

Anyway, the person accepted the payment, and mentioned that the Summons(according to her computer) had not being issued(which it had, cause it was sitting in my pocket).

So, what should I expect.....regarding this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nowt you can do. You chanced your arm. If you get summoned before the court....eh tough tbh.

If you're lucky the judge will ask you to pay more of a fine as a lateness penalty, otherwise you could be unlucky enough to be stung with 4 points and a bigger fine.

Should be a fun few weeks.

(Did you actually think you'd get away with not bothering to pay it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The fines clerk said that 2 points have been added to my licence, I may have left that out, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

If they proceed with the summons, go to court, produce evidence (ie receipt) for paying the fine, judge should tell you to be on your way. That seems to be the pattern for what has happened to date

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Don't forget to throw in the old "my mother/sister/dog/uncle died that's why I forgot to pay the fine, Your Honour" , judges are nice about things like that, which is why we have so many scumbags on our streets:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I got a ticket in the post into the job yesterday for getting clocked at 38 in a 30 zone last August, miserable fecks well there goes my unblemished record I'll soon be the proud owner of 2 points:eek: and 80 euro poorer.

You live and learn

Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Big al

ever have a spainish student stay with you? use his/her details say they were driving but put the wrong house number or street name on it and let the cops run around in circles.

The cops are still looking for Alvoro in Madrid for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Big al
    ever have a spainish student stay with you? use his/her details say they were driving but put the wrong house number or street name on it and let the cops run around in circles.

The cops are still looking for Alvoro in Madrid for me

It's a company car so I don't think I'd get away with that because my employer has already forwarded my details to the fines office to have a new fine issued in my name. They normally pay fines like parking tickets and clamps but not speeding which is fair enough I suppose.

Advertisement