Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customising Boot Screens

Options
  • 01-11-2003 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to customise my xp pro boot logo. Im adding the line "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="PS2" /fastdetect /KERNEL=ntosboot.exe " to my boot.ini file.

Im given the option to boot windows xp profeesional or PS2 but when I choose PS2 the screen goes blank and nothing happens.

Im getting the boot screens from www.themexp.org as well.

Why wont the boot screen come up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

use stylexp to get the boot screen working

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Style xp has to option to implement boot logos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

get this, it works gr8 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

woops!

my badd Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've used LogonUI Boot Ramdonizer (you can turn the randomisation off & it does both logon screens and boot screens). BootXP has nag screens (registration is 7.95) - rather than just get a serial for it, I used the other one instead. BootXP can deal with bootscreens written for non-SP1 installations of botscreens though whereas with LogonUI you need to need to pick a screen compiled for either a non-SP1 install or an Sp1 install depending on whether you installed the service pack or not.

(I'm sure that all looks as though I wrote it in a confusing way deliberately)

• Advertisement
Advertisement