Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting to IOL BB

• 01-11-2003 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have an account with IOL BB which works fine with the supplied modem (a ZyXEL Prestige 360). However this modem has only got a USB connection.

I already have a Wireless router and wireless cards in two PCs in the house. The router will only accept an incoming Ethernet card. So I want and got a DSL Ethernet modem to take the ZyXEL out of the loop. I bought a US Robotics Sure Connect Model 9003 - the unfortunately named "SureConnect" does not connect.

It is looking for a whole load of settings to be set manually including
    * VPI / VCI Values
    * ADSL Standard (Modulation)
    * Encapsulation Mode
    * Authentication (PAP or CHAP)

Can anyone help with any of these?

IOL BB Tech Support are gone home at the moment and I am not sure that they would help anyway

Help!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭hudson806

* VPI / VCI Values
    VPI = 8
    VCI = 35

* ADSL Standard (Modulation)
    g.DMT

* Encapsulation Mode
    PPPoE (or possibly PPP over RFC1483)

* Authentication (PAP or CHAP)
    CHAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dmcgee

Thanks for that - worked first time!!!! (which I supose is to be expected since the settings were correct!)

Advertisement