Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent Flash MP3 Players out there?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by cuan
    Yup, check out the link.

http://www.iriver.com/product/info.asp?p_name=iFP-599T

You are indeed a wealth of knowledge.
    I stand corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

btw wouldn't it be better to buy iRiver SlimX MP3 CD Player? i CD can contain about 150 songs and you can change CDs, but with MP3 player you are stuck with 30 songs and that's it! of course you can change them but only when you get home, or have a laptop with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    btw wouldn't it be better to buy iRiver SlimX MP3 CD Player? i CD can contain about 150 songs and you can change CDs, but with MP3 player you are stuck with 30 songs and that's it! of course you can change them but only when you get home, or have a laptop with you

Size. The CD player is too big. At what quality settingto you get 150 and 30 songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Originally posted by joc_06
    i built it maurice

Sorry joc, saw a post earlier by some other guy who said he was building one. Thought it was your post with his pictures. Is that for your FYP ya.

songs are 128bit

i think SlimX is the smallest player ever plus it has a controller on a cord, so just put it in your jacket, zip it, put the controller in your pocket and off you go

+mp3s players are sooo damn expensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

songs are 128bit

i think SlimX is the smallest player ever plus it has a controller on a cord, so just put it in your jacket, zip it, put the controller in your pocket and off you go

+mp3s players are sooo damn expensive

Its still CD sized and I for one don't have many CD sized pockets in my clothes.

hey i got a question

is there such player - that works with Flash Cards(something like Sony's) that plug into some container with USB connection so that you can easily transfer files from pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

CyberGhost, my own player - Rca Lyra rd1080 can use flash cards beyond it's 128Mb internal memory. You can get a cheap flash card reader for this. Many of the players use them - pity they don't all use the same standard.

But... Wow. These Mp3 players have come a long way in the few years they have been around. Anybody like to go back to those yucky 32Mb RIO players? :) When the these reach 1Gb of flash ram I will be very happy - more than enough... the battery is the only part I wished that would last longer! I hope we also have the option of encoding the bitrate - whether it be mp3/pro/ogg... ie fit a 40 hour audio book (reading sounds good as low as 32Kbps, 22Khz mono using VBR mp3) on 128Mb is nice.

hamster if only Creative MuVo NX would be like that :)

from all the above posts i still think that Creative muvo is the best and the most beautiful, and soon it's coming with 256MBs

now if it only had those interchangeable cards :(

hamster if only Creative MuVo NX would be like that :)

from all the above posts i still think that Creative muvo is the best and the most beautiful, and soon it's coming with 256MBs

now if it only had those interchangeable cards :(

read a review if you are interested
    http://www.ferrago.co.uk/story/2245

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- agreed, I bought a Muvo a few months ago and its the biz -
    especially for the gym etc. cos its so small.
    Have just sold it to get the new NX version. Note to prospective buyers; these things are expensive in places like Dixons (210 yoyos :mad: ) so look around, I got mine on the net for $150US including delivery, and you might even get it cheaper somewhere else.

Neil

did you get Muvo for 150$? was it long time ago? cause Movu NX costs 160 euros at Peats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Originally posted by Clinical Waste
    You are indeed a wealth of knowledge.
    I stand corrected.

ha ha. just spotted this now.

As for the Muvo nx, lads, u should really give those irivers a closer look. If u buy them from America their very cheap. And believe me they do everything you could possibly want. Their in the same size region. They have constant firmware updates. And the battery life is up against 24 hours off one AA.

I think their absolutely amazing.

Advertisement