Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie at mandrake

Options
  • 01-11-2003 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Just installed mandrake 9.1 and I've Some questions
    I'm using a KDE interface

First: How do I shut down the computer when I'm finished, there seems to be only a log out option.

How do I configure it to access the internet. I'm using an external ADSL connection, and I can't get the thing to connect. I've gone through the standard wizard in mandrake control centre, but apart for that it won't work

I'm hoping to use Mandrake for some low level programming, and I wanted to use a text editor like bb edit lite (what I'm used to) what editor would be most like this in mandrake.

I've played around with the themes for awhile and they seem very nice, anyone know where I could pick up some more KDE themes.

A beginners guide to mandrake would be handy, if someone could provide a copy.

Sorry wrong forum, could someone move this to unix/ thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by The Chief

First: How do I shut down the computer when I'm finished, there seems to be only a log out option.

A list of log-out options should come up when you press 'log-out'. One of the options is 'Turn of Computer'.

I've played around with the themes for awhile and they seem very nice, anyone know where I could pick up some more KDE themes.

http://themes.kde.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

For the best editor open a terminal and type 'vim'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Vim's just a wee bit complicated for a newbie, DBC.

Try emacs or Nedit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

emacs is the devil !

i like gedit in gnome

Advertisement