Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coolermaster areo as case fan!

Options
  • 01-11-2003 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

i was looking around on overclockers.co.uk and i noticed that it is possible to buy the areo fan minus the heatsink. its 80x80 too so that makes it possible to be used as a case fan.

one of my mates got the areo 7 for his amd and i was shocked at how much quieter it was. im considering buying the areo for my intel chip because ive recently become obessed with noise reduction and i was thinking that it might be good to use an areo as a case fan too.

has anyone tried the areo as a case fan and if so how did it work out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah iv seen a casemod with that fan at the top of the case ''as a blowhole'' it worked quite well according to the guy.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

i wonder was his system any quieter by using an areo instead of a standard fan??

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,
    Originally posted by gobby
    i wonder was his system any quieter by using an areo instead of a standard fan??
    no!

The radial type fans produce more noise than the normal ones. It is related to their design (maybe one of the physicians can explain it ;)).

The radial design has advantages when you want to avoid the black spot if you want to cool a cpu. In comparison to normal fans it produces more noise.

But it looks nice.....

regards,

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

a mate of mine got an areo for his amd. he has it turned down to a low speed and his system is a lot quieter than it was. thing is the temp of his chip is even cooler than what it was with his previous fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

they are designed to work with that specific heatsink, the idea is good but the fans arent great and a decent panaflo fan is quieter and performs better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maybe one of the physicians can explain it

i don't think a doctor would be of much use*

i'm sure you mean a "Physicist" ;)

*I exclude of course, all those doctors with a keen interest in electronics and modding.

Advertisement