Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO MindPhuck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Errm, Are you telling me that your company uses untested/untried and unspecified cabling? .. and you wonder why you have problems ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

I knwo thyat webby says that but it has been in use all over for ages. It's not unspecified, untested or anything else....it's approved
    and the problems we had on the network is because the drivers which were released with the Genius TXRII100mbps cards do not work for client32.....(as was found out today by us and three other companies)

so that was our problem NOT the cable

but still, you made a silly remark to me yesterday because you said there was no such thing as CAT 6 cable. I have proved you wrong and you haven't the balls to admit it. You just make an assumption about this company on something you didn't even believe existed until *I* pointed out to you!

Please do not make a remark to me like that one which you did last night. I've proved you wrong. I know it's not often someone has the balls to say to you that you are wrong. But you'd think when someone tells you soemthing like this, the first thing you would do would be to check on it, and not criticise that person to hell and make statements founded on nothing. Out of curiousity mp, have you ever admitted it when you were wrong? And not just grasp at straws to cover your own ass or make yourself look good while at the same time putting someone else down?

The cat 6 cable is approved, if you had checked it when i first mentioned it, you would know that too.

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

not just grasp at straws to cover your own ass or make yourself look good while at the same time putting someone else down?
    Adra, thats how CE work smile.gif - I know more than anyone smile.gif

lol vagga....no wonder mp is "snr tech person"

o and mp..........you just proved my point..thank you smile.gif

• Advertisement

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i use CAT1 for my doorbell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i overclocked 2 spiders and 3 ****roaches yesterday using a flat saucepan and 2 small cloves

stupid censor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whats a fu<kroach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Currently p1ssing on myself laughing at Sam's post and i'm getting funny looks from the other people in the library...WHY?

right so mp......after your statement about CAT6 not been tested.....I, unlike you, would not make remarks on something that i didn't have proof on, so I got my proof.
    CAT6 cable *IS* tested to up to about 380ish megabits per second. It's available to purchase for any spped upto and including this. Therefore it's tested for 100meg networks! I have the url's for two big companies in the uk incl one that sells cable and one that sells and tests cable. There at home but I'll post them later, you can be sure of that!

so now, you tell me....why would big companies who would lose a fortune if it wasn't tested, be selling CAT6 cable.

AND, actually CAT7 is now been tested also.

seems you're falling behind mp.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You are all muppets.

specially you MP.

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

christ where'd you disapeer to alastair?

ah no lolth......
    i didn't find two "obscure" companies...i found , actually now i have a good few coz im getting loads of info here, good, reliable and excellent reputations companies.
    PLUS, it is tested and specified. The reason we're using it, is not because it can do these great speeds, it's because its heavier duty and it minimizes teh risk of other electrical interference, and in supermarkets and restaurant and hotels..there is loads.

And * I HAVE PROOF*, unlike other people, that it is tested and meets all standards.

my argument is with mp, over the fact that instead of checking to see if CAT6 existed he just insulted the hell out of me for knowing something he didnt.And once i proved it existed, he began making all these unfounded accusations about who i work for and at me personnally. I proved its existance so why he just won't admit that someone else got there b4 him and proved him wrong..........I dunno!

btw those sites i mentioned earlier....

www.network-cabling.co.uk/structured-cabling.htm
    and
    www.accessmicro.com/productinfo.php3?ProductId=474093
    and if you look at www.microwarehouse.co.uk they also have it and everyone knows them and they are widely known of and used.

www.cabletesting.com has all the info regarding the testing of CAT6 cable on it...its in the form of a downloadable .pdf file called....field test (1).pdf

And if anyone that takes a look at that they'll actually see that CATEGORY 7(!) is now been tested.

actually that pdf file also outlines the testing doen on ALL cables incl cat6. Everything they've come accross with testing the cable over the last two years is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

i had a cat once ....

CAT6 cable *IS* recognised upto 500mbps actually!

it's Landmark 5000 (100-500) ,so far its not standard for the full 1000mbps *YET* and it does support ethernets of 100mbps.

It costs approx £90 per box

and if you doubt anything I say you can either shove it or you can ring MaceFlex in the uk.....0044 0121 3267557 and talk to any of their sales or support staff there, who will tell you exactly what I have just.....they also told me CAT5 class E still hasn't reached standards!!!!!!!! and won't until at least Feb on next yr!
    and i know FOR FACT that a lot of companies use CAT5 class E cable,and im sure there's others out there!

Q.P.D.

I for one care about cats.
    Anyone else?

my cat ran off ...... it came back but in a fit of rage i beat it to the point of death with a bar of soap in a sock, then in a fit of remorse, i accidently stood on it ....

i miss that cat

• Advertisement

I presume the CAT 6 is more expensive than CAT5....

to side with MP kinda, firstly what is the point in using 380 meg cable going into 100 meg hubs, its like getting a car that does 400 miles an hour on an Irish road ! Theres no friggin point, you can do it, yes, but its kinda stoopid.

Plus I would be very very very wary of useing untested and uncertified cable on my network, So you found 2 obsecure companies that sell the stuff - and a web site that says that it exists but is not standardised.....who do you know there will be no glitches ever, how do you know it does not over heat in certin circumstances and all that. Its like putting your mission critical web server, 'OHMYGOD THIS SERVER CAN NEVER GO DOWN' on Intels Beta P3 700 processor and MOBO and Windows 2000 beta - RISKY, VERY RISKY.

Anyway thank the fruppin lord I have nothing to do with all that rubbish anymore smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Kali - i dont think fu<kroach was what was being said tongue.gif

Coc|< is a perfectly legit word tho... this censorship thing is getting a bit serious smile.gif

Asuka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

*groan*

And today's lesson, kids, is in "sarcasm", "humour" and "not pointing the completely fvcking obvious out".

Ja,
    Rob

smile.gif

me too

mmmm I cant wait to eat that helper cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

The wind is so strong
    It blew my cat to mars
    Martians will kill it

my cat's breath smells of dog food

thats usually an indicator that your cat is lickin dogs arses.
    get it an injection or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

This is such YAWN.

Adra, first off, if MP was wrong, big deal.
    Secondly, this "mp knows nuthin" opinion you seem to have is ar$e also, I work with the guy and he is one brainy mutherfukker when it comes to Networks, NT and Novell to name a few.
    CAT6 seems to be aimed at the GigaHz speed networks, if you're only using it on a 100MBit network, why not use CAT5 which is perfectly stable for it? Kind of overkill no? Your company isn't exactly l33+ if it's unnecesssarily using a cable spec that even Tinet wouldn't touch.

MP does admit when he's wrong, coz we have had arguments about stuff before. The thing is, he usually isnt. No need to make a big song-and-dance essay style reply, in fairness. smile.gif

Z.

P.S. Oi, Vagga, you're one to talk about the abilities of anyone in regard to computers :
    QUOTE :
    Vagga : "I don't know what's wrong, the lights on the hub aren't on......"
    hmmm..... smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Advertisement