Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PC Game music grabs you?

Options
  • 02-11-2003 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Here's one that keeps coming up: Was there any PC (or other) game music that you thought was very good? I used to like the tunes in Diablo....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dungeon Seige... Vice City :) eh Max Payne was nay bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the max payne 2 theme...
    (a legit download btw)

i've been playing through mech commander for the umpteenth time recently, a lot of tasty lotr-esque music in that.

dungeon seige, jedi knight 2/3, medal of honor: aa.

as far as non commisioned soundtracks go, vice city is by far the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Nowt I love better on vice city than to go on a rain drenched night time spree of drive by shootings,hit and runs and police chases with Alice Cooper blaring out on V-Rock. Im not huge into that whole rock/metal music but that is some class stuff for a bit of on screen mayhem. The Michael Jackson choons are also good.

I like the rap station on GTA3 as well

"You know how we do it in Liberty City yall. Don P-in it,henney thuggin it.....":D Sounds like summit Tim Westwood would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Now that I remember it... Deus Ex has some decent sound tracks (mod music actually). Tracks that come to mind are when the main character (Paul Denton ?) reached the underwater Sub Base. The Intro tune was quite good too. So was the Hong Kong tune and the creepy ambient music in the quiet part of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

i agree with some of ye
    Vice City has class music
    same with GTA3 (Y)

chatterbox n lazlo ruled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Deus ex......the title tune was good..
    there was a flight simulator as well....F18 Super Hornet...gr8 music.... :rolleyes:
    theres probably more but cant think of them now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Halo, easily

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

tetris!

doo do do doo do do doo doo do doo doo doo do do do do do doo doo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Has to be vice city. best soundtrack ever.

metal gear solid on the ps had really eerie music that just got to me it was one that stuck out in my mind anyway especially the theme song which believe it or not I think was sung by an irishwoman! dont quote me on that, but i'm pretty sure of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

medal of honour, really good soundtrack but of course vice city also rocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by kano476
    metal gear solid on the ps had really eerie music that just got to me it was one that stuck out in my mind anyway especially the theme song which believe it or not I think was sung by an irishwoman! dont quote me on that, but i'm pretty sure of it.
    yeah, the entire song was produced in dublin afair...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Again?

Quake II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Stuff from my childhood - the music from the commander keen series, monster bash.. those classic apogee games :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by kano476
    which believe it or not I think was sung by an irishwoman! dont quote me on that, but i'm pretty sure of it.

Enya I think. The song is called 'the best is yet to come'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't think it was Enya, but I can't remember the girls name myself.
    My choice would have to be Final Fantasy 7, flipping brilliant music in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the music on the second to last level in serious sam 2 is pretty cool, the one when all the fireballs are crashing down and ur fighting hundreds of bad guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I can't remember any music in Quake II and i've played it about 500 times.

The best pc game music is (without a doubt) UNREAL TOURNAMENT, esp the music on the 'Gothic' map in deathmatch. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

The woman who sang the MGS thing was Balinid Ni Coifig who may or may not have presented kids tv shows on rte.Anyway my favourite pc game music is either Max Payne(1&2) or Freespace 2.

Advertisement