Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halo causes blue screen of death

• 02-11-2003 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Just need a little help from any tech heads plz.Got halo ok game but if i try to increase the resolution above 800*600 i keep getting the blue screen of death.
    This is the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and then i get
    ATI3D2AG.DLL ADDRESS BFA....BLAH BLAH.Its realy getting 2 me at this stage iv updated my video drivers sound drivers +got direct x 9.0b.Updated my motherboard drivers, flashed the bios and did a windows update defraged etc.It must be the video card no?All other games freelancer,vice city etc run fine at higher res......

Tanx guys any body else had this?

p4 2.4, via motherboard(jetway),Connect 3d radeon 9000 pro 128mg ddr,512 megs ram 80 gig hard drive,win xp sp1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

put -vidmode width,height,hz in the command line, as halo causes all sorts of problems when you try to run it in a different refresh rate other than 60.

eg

"C:\Halo\Halo.exe" -vidmode 1024,768,100

If you want to run it at 100hz in 1024x768. (make sure your default desktop refresh rate for this resolution matches the one you want to use in-game)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

K thanks 4 the help but no go i ran "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" vidmode 1024,768,60 and set windows to the same. It still wont run in 1024*768 and more ideas please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Hey JB123,

I had major problems getting it to higher resolutions than 800 x 600 on my radeon 9700pro. It would crash every time I tried to change the resolution and I'd have to restart the machine. I fixed the problem by going into to the ATI control panel and in the Direct 3D section setting Texture Preference & Mipmap Detail Level to max. Worked a treat! :D

BM.

K tried that still no go. Any body recommend any forums on this? Cheers guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Type "DXDIAG" in run, go into the "More Help.." tab and select override.

Set it to 60, see if that helps.

• Advertisement

Ok got it sorted u have to use old 3.0 CATALYST drivers?. The latest 3.8 drivers just wont work or 3.7. I dont know if this effects other cards or just my radeon 9000 pro 128 meg.Any body else use this card with halo? thanks 4 the help guys im off 2 kill some aliens
    ps iv heard that the 3.8 drivers can kill monitors by by setting the refresh rate 2 high i think its only with the bigger cards ie 9700 9800 etc so be careful.
    Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Good stuff :ninja:

Advertisement