Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Bergin's - The Knacker

Options
  • 02-11-2003 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

News article

I like it. Great piece. Whats everyones opinion?

How do you feel about Bergins 'The Knacker'? 18 votes

It's a Great Number!
    5% 1 vote
    It's crap posing as 'music'
    38% 7 votes
    I'm offended by it
    33% 6 votes
    Don't give a damn
    22% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Political Correctness gone mad - the only reason it should be banned is on musical grounds its crap - the man can't sing...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Its a novelty song Mike. Don't think his singing is 'crap'. Its not Christy but he makes a decent effort.
    Considering others recently and of old (colin farrell & David Hasselhoff) who crooned this guys a great singer.

But your right about the PC part. It seems any negative comment these days gets you in hot water. Even if its not really negative ie the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's every bit as good as Bob The Builder, Barney The Dinosaur and that wretched Spitting Image song from the 80's.

File under K for KRAPP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Re-claiming the term 'knacker'? Yea right, typical money-spinner. Yer man, Richie Kavanagh finally has some 'competition'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I think the
    "I think its crap" and the "Im offended by it" options
    should be seperate...Im not offended by it but I do think its crap..even if it is a novelty song...its not a very good novelty song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Originally posted by Sauron
    I think the
    "I think its crap" and the "Im offended by it" options
    should be seperate...Im not offended by it but I do think its crap..even if it is a novelty song...its not a very good novelty song

I second that opinion! It is a crap novelty song, but come on no point in taking the song serious!
    I mean if all songs were scrutinised by political correctness, then what the hell would we be listening to!!! Nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Yeah, I went for "Don't give a damm" only because there wan't someplace to say its crap
    without saying I was offended by it. Like Sauron said, it may just a novelty song, but it
    really is complete toss too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

I'd say a song called 'The Skanger' would go down well on boards... indeed, if it ever comes into existence, it'll probably be written by somebody on boards.
    As for The Knacker, it's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Poll fields updated to reflect popular opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i havnt heard the song........

• Advertisement

Listen to gerry Ryan in the morning, he plays it every morning!
    I haven't heard it played anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

gerry ryan NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! god i can just tell its a crap song so,dont even have to listen to it:D
    does he still spend most of the show talking bout his penis?

More or less still spouts out the same crap! But that seems to be the only place that I have heard the song and I listen to the radio most of the day...different stations all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

If thats the reaction to the song wait till you all see the video!

Advertisement