Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement for maxtor drive?

• 02-11-2003 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

ive been running a maxtor 60 gig IDE for a little over a year now. its recently come to my attention that maxtors arnt regarded as being good drives. too hot, too slow etc. ive, personally, never had any major problems with it but am not thinking of replacing it before i do.

so my question is this. name me a manufacturer that makes quiet, reliable, cool running hard drives. i should also mention that im after a 133 ata.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

just had a look on overclockers & komplett. the only other ata133 IDE drives i could find were made by samsung.

anybody own one of these? are they any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Are you sure you want ATA133?

If you could contend yourself with ATA100, go for the superior HDD: WD SE :)

Mind they are not that quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

well im using ata 133 at the moment and im pretty sure i can notice the difference compared to my mates ata 100.

are there any other manufactures that make high quality ata 133 drives other than maxtor or samsung?

Advertisement