Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The numerous ways we torture our teachers..

• 06-11-2000 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't me. The class rigged the stand, table and chair to collape the second it was touched. The teacher came in and threw his coat on the chair and turned the whole thing into firewood and everyone was "ooh! what have you done?!"

Or one poor student teacher someone shot a peashooter and missed and hit the board beside his head. He totally ignored it and continued on, so when he turned to the board again and back his plant went missing (brought in for experiment). Refused to acknowledge it, so his books disappeared next then finally his jacket. He then went out of the room in a huff to get someone important and we put all his stuff back. smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

our english teacher had a habit (as teachers do) of taking sweets from anyone who was caught eating them in class. she would then take a few of the sweets and eat them; so one day a clever individual had the idea of bringing a bag of joke pepper sweets into the class, and pretending to eat and enjoy them in full view of the teacher.

She of course grabbed the bag and took a few of the sweets, and promptly ran out of the room for a glass of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

A few weeks ago some of us got all the chairs in our lunch room and turned hem around so that the chairs faced the back window, then we wrote "New seating arrangement, please do not re-arrange chairs".....there was a first year class in next and they all sat down in the seats, facing the wrong way and away from the teacher smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There was one guy when I was a nipper that made the mistake coming to our school. His classes were non-stop talking and throwing things at him. Berries that grew at the side of the scool were favorite.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Originally posted by Kento-Shiro:
    ...everything from talking in class...

OMG ye were hard....
    Sorry, I can't compete with that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Okay I used to have this dumb ass french teach (still in the school I just gave up french). Everyday we'd write up on the board
    Ms **** with her white moustache
    this was repeated constantly for a couple of day and everyday with differant hand writting. Drove her barny and of course her classic quote
    "do you think I'm stupid?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Shesh..when i was at school we did all kinds of things...

My maths teacher had this stupid Toy Monkey thing that he said was the class mascot. So we stole it and help it to ramsom. Took pictures of it with matches to its head, cut its arm off and sent it to his house, wrote threating letters..stuff like that...the ramsom fee was 4 snikers bars, he eventually paid up.

vince1.gif
    Spaghetti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

lol, omg, funniest thing i have heard for while, thanx m8, hehe.

brings a whole new meaning to the term "problem children" lol

holding mr. head for ransom

rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

We all did it, everything from talking in class to taking their keys from their handbag or jacket(when they left either behind them after class) and moving their car.

Let me know what u did to ur teacher. smile.gif

I Don't Have Time, for this MICKEY MOUSE BULL****!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭B!tch

I went to the same school as zapper and was in the same year. The amount of things that we done could take up a whole page.
    One of my favourites was when four of us sneaked into the teachers coffee room during class time and put a whole bottle of extra strong laxatives in their coffee urn.

How I p!ssed myself when our history teacher had to leave the class with an upset stomach when we were in her class the next period.

aahh them were the days frown.gif

(.)(.) B!tch (.)(.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol B!tch and zapp,were ye in some sort of a prolem child institute or something? cause from the sounds of it it seems so,oh and also because i know both of you well tongue.gif

actually,maybe it was just a school for slooow kids? tongue.gif

UP DA DUBS!! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by richindub2 (edited 07-11-2000).]

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Licksy20:
    OMG ye were hard....
    Sorry, I can't compete with that one...

<Snip>
    Only one word for that sort of behaviour, Scum and I wont have it on this board.
    Monty

biggrin.gif tee hee hee....
    Also we drove our business teacher nicknamed "Psycho" to insanity by doing everything from sticking signs on his back, throwing economy size erazers at the board+him, to calling him psycho to his face.
    We made our French + Religon teachers cry and Geography(a man!,tears welled up in his eyes but he left the room before we could see him cry).

[This message has been edited by Kento-Shiro (edited 07-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 07-11-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Kento-Shiro:
    *snip*

What school do you go to, so I know never to send any offspring there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭pepperkin

Ok, time for mine...
    I didn't endorse this one, as I felt sorry for the teacher, but it WAS funnier then hell.
    (The Scene...)
    My 9th grade english teacher was named DeRade. We called her Deranged. She was about 85 years old, a very naive, airy, spaceheaded woman who was tooo sweet in nature to be teaching a bunch of 9th grade punks in California. (Our final exam was a 50 word spelling test....circle the right word.)
    She would putter around the classroom clutching her coffee mug and offering unwanted and unheeded advice, she should have taught creative writing, as most of her assignments were in that genre. When she tried to discipline, it usually ended up in failure. So you get the idea of this lady.
    (The Act...)
    Some kids got some liquid LSD and put 4 drops of it in her coffee. Thats equal to about 12 paper hits. She was spacier than usual all day, and talking to students long graduated. It WAS funnier than hell, tho me being a softy I felt bad for her.
    Then there was the time there was a bumper sticker...sticky side up...placed in her chair that read 'Honk if you love Jesus!' THAT had us all in hysterics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I could tell you loads of stuff here. From bein told off to being belted, to being suspended and eventually being expelled. One of the funniest was....

French teacher's car got a puncture outside the school one day. Me and a mate decide sure tell ya what we'll change the wheel for her, so she says okay fine lads ill see you in class in five or ten minutes. This was 11:30 in the mornin'. We drove back into the school at 4:00 and offered her a lift home in the car. It acctually sounds ****ish but it was ****in hilarious at the time. I got the **** cos i was drivin. Ah well.

Erm, i didnt do it Monty, it wasnt in our school at all really. I didnt think you'd react like that. This is where it actually took place,
    In a town called Gort there was once 3 colleges, Gort Convent, Gort college and Gort Technical College. It happened in the Tech, but all those 3 were closed down and amalgamated into 1 college called Gort Community School, which is a really good school. I just stole the urban myth to shut up Licksy coz he annoyed me. frown.gif
    Apologies.
    However we did torment Psycho, and we did make our Religion and French teacher cry, they were a little mental already so it wasnt our fault, well maybe not.....
    Again Apologies.

Errrrr, Pepperkin, now as bad as things can get, i really do have to draw the line when it come to spiking an 85 year olds drink with a drug with hallucogenic properties, she could have died.

But on the lighter side of things the "Honk if You Love Jesus" deserves some sort of award!!!!!
    smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

In my old school I was going back to the changing rooms after P.E. and noticed that everyone in the English teachers room was standing at the windows and many of them had sings saying please don’t help us. The English teacher (who was the biggest b*%#+ I know) was shouting out at us to get the janitor. Someone had used polifiller to glue the door shut and she and the class where stuck in there for 3 hours because no one would get help. tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

I remember the pack for the rugby team used to pick up certain teachers small cars (fiestas, micras etc.) and move them around.

Move them down two parking places.

Changed the way they were facing.

Once they lifted some poor teachers car into the study hall through the double doors.

oh such fun... frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

i used to go to study hall after school, and (teeheehee) sometimes i would arrive a minute or two late *snigger* *snigger*

wink.gif

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Wyv, I think we did a little more than that. I dont think details are need tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by pepperkin:
    Then there was the time there was a bumper sticker...sticky side up...

rofl smile.gif you just reminded me of another incident. One of the guys in class was trying to stick the usual "Kick Me" sign on her back when she moved as he put it there, but hit her ass.

So she spins around and shouts for him to get out of the class. She still has the sticker on her back.

After class she brought him back in for about 20 minutes or so. When he came out he told us she started going on about how he will meet some nice girl one day and that it was just infatuation, blah, blah... basically thought he had the hots for her and was feeling her up on purpose smile.gif Never did find out if she found the sticker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I was nice to all my teachers.

I made them tea and gave them chocolate biscuits.

And this one time I baked my English teacher a cake, coz she had straight teeth.

[This message has been edited by Kegser (edited 10-11-2000).]

Read my earlier post in which i apologised to Monty to get the background on this one.

In the college in Gort a crowd of lads brought in a round bail of hay, (u know the ones that are covered in black plastic?)And ripped the thing to shreds all over the floor, and then brought in a cow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Fantastic. Absolutly brilliant.You all should be proud of yourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I think Kento-Shiro is using the story from the Jes in Galway I didn't go there but I know the story. One Friday evening the Leaving Cert students tooka cow upstairs and placed it in a room (the staff room to be exact). Along witha bail of hay and a very large bucket of water and left him there for the weekend. So Monday morning comes the staff room is covered in *&^%$.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

We hid a key ring in the celling that beeps when ya clapped....so everyone kept clapping and it kept beeping...well i thought t'was funny frown.gif

I didnt even know that happened in the Jes, but if the Jes is in the middle of the fugging city then how exactly did they get a cow in there?
    Youve been told lies methinks, but it did happen in the college in Gort.

As for DrunkLeprachaun, do i detect a hint of sarcasm? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

we used to put plastic little models of animals like a cow,dog ,sheep on top of the blackboard on the left side ,on the right and in the middle.and whenever the teacher walked by one of the animals everyone would make the sound of the animal,twas so funny.the teachers couldnt figurte out how everyone got their timing so perfectly so they used to look for someone making a swignal to the rest of the class and stuff.

another one of my mates used to stick broken pencils and used biros etc into the teachers pockets.the teacher would walk slowly around the class and every time he passed my matews desk he'd slip another pencil into his pocket.in the end hed have a collection of about 10 different used pens etc in his pocket,twas hilarious.
    i miss school frown.gif

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

Advertisement