Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ps2 game?

• 02-11-2003 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

is it out yet?
    just say a ad on sky for it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

next week AFAIK
    anyone see the blatant advertising of it during Smackdown tonight :D

time now for everyone to try and save some money for each other
    where is the cheapest everyone has seen Smackdown Here Comes The Pain go for:

i saw it in the Argos Christmas Brochure for €39.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

Originally posted by smiaras
    THERES NO COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!

thats fooking disgraceful really

how hard is it to get cole and tazz to do somr voice overs?

Originally posted by technobob
    cole

i am very happy that he wont be there for this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by technobob
    thats fooking disgraceful really

how hard is it to get cole and tazz to do somr voice overs?
    They tried it with Smackdown 3 and it sucked! It was one of the most unpopular features of the game so it was taken out at last minute (along with Hogan and Jeff Hardy).

Game have it down for a Nov 7th release while Argos state availability on 14th (at €20 less)
    Nero.

• Advertisement

I won't miss it if it was Cole and Tazz anyway, SD3 was dire for that and ended up being turned off. They did improve it for SD4 with King and JR though.

The game looks amazing from the amount of previews and screens i've seen. I'll wait until the 14th to get the cut price version tho. Rent to pay and all ;)

Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    They tried it with Smackdown 3 and it sucked! It was one of the most unpopular features of the game so it was taken out at last minute (along with Hogan and Jeff Hardy).

Game have it down for a Nov 7th release while Argos state availability on 14th (at €20 less)
    Nero.

i know i have all 4 of the titles in their previous incarnations

but its nice to have some bit of commentary action
    it makes it that bit more realistic

looks like i'll have to make hogan in CAW again

and methink i'll be waiting for the cheaper argos version too

Originally posted by smiaras
    Just cause its that price in the catalogue doesn't mean they have to sell it at that price

isnt that false advertising though. i have read the price is lower than other Smackdown games in the UK aswell

• Advertisement

You'd be surprised, i know a number of PS2 owners who think the idea of Wrestling games are a complete and total joke. Obviously I don't agree with them, but we're in a minority.

It's true... Aye freakin' carumba... It's true!
    Nero.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

well argos seem to have changed the price on here comes the pain to 50 euro

according to other places the offical launching price of the game is still 60 euro but arroding to one shop they said this will probably change as the shops will try to out price eeach other

Looks as if 50 euros is the price everyone is charging for the game

Well today is the release date! I'm gonna cruise into town and see if i can pick up a copy! Then play it through lunchtime! Woohoo!!!

See y'all sucka's behind!
    Nero.

---modified after coming back from lunch---
    Well now, after messing around with it for a total of 20 minutes. I can safely say

- controls have moved a bit, the blocks are now left 2 and right 2 and the taunt is now the right analogue stick to give it that "no mercy" feel. This is a good thing cos now its easier to block the signature moves.
    - the storyline mode is a lot better
    - legends include Hillbilly Jim, Roddy Piper, Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff and Sgt Slaughter are included in the game, with probably more that need unlocking
    - Shawn Michaels defense is as weak as sh|t in the game!
    - Kevin Nash looks like the exact same as the previous one, long hair, ponytail et al.
    - Same for Randy Orton, he's still wearing his babyface trunks.
    - Specials appear to have a lot more impact than the previous one.
    - loading time seems to be a bit longer, although not as bad as SD3 was.

For those who haven't got SD4, skip it and get this instead. It's an improvement over 4 and thats for sure.

I won't get to mess about more until i finish work, but until Eircom get off their ass and fix my phone line, then i won't be able to give a proper judgment of the game until Monday.

And by then, most of you will have bought or played it :)
    Nero

Originally posted by xzodia
    well argos seem to have changed the price on here comes the pain to 50 euro

according to other places the offical launching price of the game is still 60 euro but arroding to one shop they said this will probably change as the shops will try to out price eeach other

HMV Grafton St didn't even have it in stock! Blasphemy
    Neither did Argos in Stephens Green!
    Game in Grafton St have it advertised for €60
    Game on Dawson St have it for €60, €54 with reward card and you get a 30 minute DVD sampler for DVD releases from Silver Vision, including Shawn Michaels: From The Vault, Brock Lesnar: Here comes the pain, and Rey Mysterio: 619.

Too bad, i've seen one and own another one. Will be interesting to see the preview of HCTP DVD tho.

Nero.

had confimation today from Argos that they will be selling it for 39.99 from tomorrow thats acordign to argos in the Ilac center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I got it today from Smyth's for €49.99. Definate improvement on the last game well worth the money, seems alot harder too, i thought the last game was easy. Getta lot of milage out of it for sure.

Originally posted by xzodia
    had confimation today from Argos that they will be selling it for 39.99 from tomorrow thats acordign to argos in the Ilac center

\o/

had it in my hand today for 49.99
    but decided to but "true crime- streets of la instead"

• Advertisement

Well i'm in awe of it's improvements, i'm kinda disappointed in it's longitivity factor. SD4 had two years for season mode. This one only has one! I finished it yesterday evening! The ending was nothing to write home about either!

Granted, I'll have to do it again in order to unlock the rest of the legends and what not, but i was hoping for it to last a little longer than a weekend.

After numerous attempts, i finally won an elimination chamber.
    Was good seeing a Smackdown one (I entered as Matt Hardy, using Tajiri, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit and Rhyno as my opponents. Now that would be a dream match for me to watch as a main event! ;) )

Nero.

they have it in Xtravision with some WWE PPV DVD for €50

is this nationwide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Well i'm in awe of it's improvements, i'm kinda disappointed in it's longitivity factor. SD4 had two years for season mode. This one only has one! I finished it yesterday evening! The ending was nothing to write home about either!

The longitivity factor is better. I'm in my second season now and although i'm getting some of the same storylines from the first season, I'm also getting new storylines. So the seasons are different. Also another improvement in season is the title holders and records are carried through which i think is a great addition.

Advertisement