Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bus lanes?

Options
  • 02-11-2003 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Just curious, can you use Dublin bus lanes on sundays? I remember hearing that somewhere but I dunno how true it is

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yes you can, some of them however like the one on the lucan bypass you cant. All streets with bus lanes will have signs telling you what time you can use them.

Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Alot of people fail to realise that Buslanes may be used at certain times in the off-peak. It's a glory to see idiot sitting in the other lanes on the quays in the city, totally oblivious to the unused Buslane. Ha, beware of the taxis using them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Shhhhh!!

Dont tell anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes, it's down to the particular section of road. On Dual carriageways they tend to be 24x7 or 24x6(!). In some suburban villages they are only 7h-10h and 16h-19h. Else where they tend to be 7h-19h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

The other thing to note is that while at certain times you can use bus lanes, you can't ignore "left turn only" signs. Bus lanes often turn into left turn lanes, where only buses/taxis can go straight, and that is effective 24/7, not just when the bus lane is in operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭spuddy

the main difference is that a QBC operates 24hrs a day where as a bus lane only operates during certain hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Originally posted by spuddy
    the main difference is that a QBC operates 24hrs a day where as a bus lane only operates during certain hours
    The QBC on the Stillorgan Road only operates from 7am 'til 7pm Monday to Saturday. I assume it is a QBC, as they made a very big fuss about it at the time it started, but it could have been downgraded since then, as I don't use it that often.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the ironic thing about then is that the 24/7 QBCs are out from the city where they would be most needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Just look at the sign on the bus lane and it'll tell you when you can use it. I can't believe the amount of people who don't know when they can and cannot use a bus lane, once again shows the level of ignorance of various road rules and regulations in Ireland.

I take great pleasure using the bus lanes during the evenings and on Sundays and lauging at the idiots sitting in long queues of traffic going nowhere. I'm sure they're all cursing me for using it, little do they know. :D

Advertisement