Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint XP problem. Please help

Options
  • 02-11-2003 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Hi There,
    I just got a new laptop. I am running a powerpoint presentation with embedded video. When I run this on my old machine, with a similar video card, it works fine. On the new machine, there is a five to seven second delay before the video starts when the next slide is selected. I have tried everything recommended by powerpoint help including enabling and disabling hardware acceleration and changing the resolution. No effect whatsoever.
    I am running the same software and OS (WinXP pro) on both machines. The new one has a 64Mb ATI card and the old one has a 32Mb ATI card. They seem to be very similar except for the memory.
    The delay is detrimental to the presentation so I would like to fix it if anyone has suggestions.
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭fatmander

3 guesses
    Any chance you are running Norton AV, and 'request virus scan' office plugin is enabled? (under miscellanous in Options)

Could the file or powerpoint itself be fragmented

Have you updated your Video Drivers?
    hth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks fatmander. I will take a look in the morning. I am not at the machine right now. I will let you know how it goes, incase anyone else has a similar problem.
    iwb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks for the help. It was actually a windows update. I can't remember the exact specifics but it said something about there being a delay in running video in games.
    I should have tried the windows update route earlier. Of course there were 15 critical updates and another 25 XP updates. Thank god for broadband.
    Thanks again, iwb.

Advertisement