Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP login Screen - Email notification

Options
  • 02-11-2003 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

On the windows XP login screen, there is a notification that I have 3 unread email messages on my hotmail account. I have logged into hotmail and made sure that all messages have been either read or deleted, including my trash folder etc...but when I log off or restart the PC, it still says that I have 3 unread email messages and I definitely don't - it's pretty annoying and I can't seem to get rid of it. I think this notification stems from MSN Messenger 6.1 which I installed a few days ago. I have gone though it's options making sure to uncheck the email notification box, but that didn't work. I then uninstalled Messenger, but that didn't work either. I am still getting the "You have 3 unread email messages" notification on the XP login screen.

Anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of this ?

Thanks.

Wheeler_1028.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

should auto disappear after a whyle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by wheeler_1028
    Anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of this ?
    Get the Powertoys for XP (including TweakUI XP) from the Microsoft site. There's an option to reset the figure or (if you're me) just turn the damn thing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Thanks guys.
    Originally posted by sceptre
    Get the Powertoys for XP (including TweakUI XP) from the Microsoft site. There's an option to reset the figure or (if you're me) just turn the damn thing off.

I'll try that and report back....

Wheeler_1028.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oh yeah, i forgot that that was covered in tweakui...
    there is a way to turn it off by adding/changing a key in regedit.
    tweakui is a much more sensible option tho

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Many thanks Sceptre and tman - 'worked like a charm.

Wheeler_1028.

• Advertisement
Advertisement