Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN on ESAT Nolimits

Options
  • 13-09-1999 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭

Lads I've tried this and that. Tried using a straight 64k connect no go, tried using my TA in 56kbps analouge modem mode no go. Rang them and played dumb(I hear ye all say no playing needed, shame! smile.gif) and they eventually copped on I was using ISDN and told me that they do not support ISDN period. I told them that I wasnt trying to connect in ISDN mode but rather in analouge modem mode and he say that it still uses u'r TA and without a TCP/IP handshake (the noise the modem makes when connecting)I cant connect. I got caught a beaut then when I said are the ppl who sold me the TA liars by saying that the device is both an ISDN and analouge modem, his responce: "If you connect an analouge line to the TA it will connect to the esat network in 56kbps modem mode without a problem!"

Snookered, Checkmate.... who knows

SickBoy is off to ring the Samaratins sad.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I dont think an ISDN adapter would be any faster/better than an analogue modem to esat anyway, thats if your living outside Dublin. 800+ pings and 1k/sec if your lucky. yuck sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

1k/sec ? woooowwwww

Advertisement