Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new simpsons game

Options
  • 02-11-2003 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭

i was wondering has anyone got this new game yet? i think its an action adventure type game with alot of driving. it looks good in the ads, there is one part were homer is dressed up in a devil costume dancing siingin "i am evil homer" it was quite funny.

so just tell me if u played this game and is it ne good

thanx:) :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what's next, the simpson's flight sim?

wouldn't touch any simpsons games with a bargepole tbh (admittedly, this one has gotten some half decent reviews)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's called Road Rage I think? From what I've heard the game is better than the last few Simpsons games (Skateboarding, Wrestling). But at the end of the day its only a weak GTA clone (with deeply repetitive missions) that's hardly worth a rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

naaa it's simpsons Hit and Run, tiz on the xbox,ps2,gc,pc( port ) it's kinda like gta for kids,looks kinda fun.

http://www.vugames.co.uk/home.aspx
    http://www.thesimpsons-hitandrun.com/

CombatCow

nah, road rage was the crazy taxi clone:rolleyes:

this one's subtitle is "hit & run"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by tman
    wouldn't touch any simpsons games with a bargepole tbh

I dunno man, the original Konami arcade game was pretty good. Other than that, theres nothing else, unless Hit and Run is as commendable as reviews have been going by.

But it really seems like EA are really milking both The Simpsons and popular game mechanics for what its worth. The premise behind Road Rage was so blatently Crazy Taxi, as is this with Grand Theft Auto. It just leaves me a bad taste in my mouth and a negative impression on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

i quite enjoyed Road Rage, just driving around various landmarks of springfield was fun,(oh the fun ive had with the elevator to nowhere in 2-player). Anywho Hit and Run got sum decent reviews around the 75% mark. id say its a good rental but nothing more than a Collect em' up with a GTA disguise. Mind you it will sell bucket loads due to the name.

aye, bart vs the space mutants was a good laugh.

played road rage & skateboarding in a shop for a few minutes each, 2 of the worst gaming moments of my life tbh.
    and let's not forget the simpsons wrestling:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No other simpson games are anywhere near the the greatness of bart vs. the space mutants or the 4-player konami arcade game.

Hit and run got a dodgy review from eurogamer and I'm inclined to trust them more than any of the sell out magazines and websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement