Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Wasserkühlung Rig

Options
  • 02-11-2003 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Howdy, just thought id share the joys of watercooling with you guys,i got all this stuff from www.hitide.ie it's all innovatek products. http://www.innovatek.de/

before i post the pics my specs are :

Amd Barton 2800+
    Abit KD7 Mobo
    Crucial PC 2700 - 1Gig
    GF FX 5900 Ultra
    2X WD 120Gig Hdd's

My main aim of this was to have a ''silent'' system and also super low temps:D

ok so iv got the processor and gfx card watercooled,with 2 Rad's and 2 speed controlled 120mm fans from the front coolermaster aerogate2.Iv also got the water temprature monitered with the lcd temp display on the door.Anyway i'll let the pics speak for themself.;)

wc1.jpg
    wc2.jpg
    wc3.jpg
    wc4.jpg
    wc5.jpg

I get 26-30C idle and 36C under load with the cpu.
    The gfx card is idle at 26C ( down from 40C with stock ):eek: and bout 37 under load.

My sys is amazingly quiet,i can only tell if the pc's running by looking at the flow-o-matic ( red wheel ) ''tiz upside down in those pics btw'':rolleyes:

I put Tichondrius ( warcraft 3 ) on the gfx card just for larfs.

Any questions/comments welcome.

CombatCow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Thats the BOMB, sweet thats the sys I'd like to set up on my machine is that the top range (300Euro) system on HiTiDE?, does the Gfx cooler come with it or is it seperate?. Does the pump produce any noise at all?. What's you're HDD?, how noisy is it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Thx,this was the WC kit ''Complete-Kit innovaSET XXS(A) Socket A'' ( http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_22_37/products_id/175 )
    I had to buy the gf fx cooler separate,works great and pretty easy to install.

The pump doesn't produce noise as such only vibrations which can be stopped by using vibration absorbers,they work fantastically.

Iv got 2 western digital 120Gig SE Hdd's in 2 coolermaster cooldrive 3's,they are verry quiet tbh.

It's hard to believe but the ''rig'' is silent it's amazing.;)

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi Combatcow,

nice job!!!

I specially like Tichondrius in the case. ;)

Maybe you can install some LEDs in his eyes.....

:D

How much noise does the Aerogate produce? Did you remove the small fan or isn't it noisy?

regards,

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

that's a lovely case.

where did you get the spiral wrap (for the cables) ?
    i've been looking for something like that for a while :)

What temps does you're system hit when you get rid of all the fans?. Surely that would be quieter!, you seem to have about 2-3 case fans, if you're CPU and GFX are water cooled then you should be able to live without those fans. I'm curious cause I'd like my next box to be a water cooled baby but I'd also like it to be silent, or as close as I can get:D !.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Looks like a job well done, plyd.

Thx lads,the 40mm fan dosen't produce much noise but i dont have it plugged in atm because i really dont need it.
    Netman you can pick up the spiral wrap in maplin its verry cheap ''few euro for 5m''
    Yeah as i said earlier you have to have a fan on the radiator ao iv got a 120mm fan on each rad,the speed of the fan is controlled by the aerogate at the front so i can change the speed(noise) no problem at all with the dial at the front,believe me thew are whisper quiet,and with the cpu,gfx fans gone, the silence is bliss.
    I also have two led fans in the psu that are running at 7 volts,silent.

Cpu idle- 26-30C
    Cpu load- 35-36C
    Gfx idle- 26C
    Gfx Load- 37C

The gfx card temps really amazed me, the ilde temp with the stock cooling was 40C now its 26C with the WC.

:)
    CombatCow

Well that clinches it my next Athlon64 rig will be water cooled, I'm not standing the noise again - ever!. Now I just afto save up for it should take umm...2 years I'd say :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Looking good. :)

Glad to see the gfx temps dropped a fair bit, they dropped drastically for me when i had mine.

Is the 1046 noisy at all? my 1048 was a noisy noisy bitch

My *attempt* at watercooling didnt go too well. I didnt get a 12v pump i got the eheim 1048 which was a 220v and sadly i turned my pc off oneday and turned off the watercooling unit and the pc turned its self on some how and fryed for a nice 5 hours.

h2o.jpg

I'm tempted to go again for it but i'm thinking something a little cooler at this stage ;) *cough* prometia/vapochill but its still a good 4 months off.

Lets hope you dont have the same problems as me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Ugh, what are you doing with a Q-Tec PSU in a "quiet" case? :(

• Advertisement

Thx ppc,the 1046 pump is brilliant it really is silent '' apart from the vibrations'' which are stopped with the vibration absorbers...so your pc turned itself on but not the pump....thats nasty :(

your right Celt the 2 fans that come with the psu are noisy - i replaced them with 1 blue and 1 red L.E.D fan,there running at 7 volts,so cant evan hear them & they give off a nice purple glow from the back;)

CombatCow

Advertisement