Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod versus CMod - What's the difference?

Options
  • 02-11-2003 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

Apart from CMods being mods for the Community boards, are there any differences between in terms of their mystical powers over a board? And can CMods see the infamous Mod Board?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

yea CMods can see the mod board... the only difference i can see is that Cmods have one less star.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I would think of it in terms of the service they provide. Usually, CMods (except for the "hosted" forums like ICDG, IOFFL etc.) are people who have requested either public or private forums for their own purposes. Mods are people who have been appointed or have volunteered to look after the core boards.ie forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cloud thats not strickly true, I did'nt ask to be a C mod
    of Waterford then South-East rather I got vollenteered for it. The first I knew about it was when DMC (I think) PM-ed me! Not that I'm complaining....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Anytime you wanna pass on that torch Mike...let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Certainly the Regional forums are an exception since they used to be RMods :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I was surprised to be made mod too.
    Although Championship Manager isnt a community board anymore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm
    Originally posted by Yoda
    And the difference between Mod and CMod is…?

Originally posted by ecksor
    'C'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In practice it's essentially true ;)

Advertisement