Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box region free disc....when??!!!

Options
  • 02-11-2003 3:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any release date for this?
    Ive been waiting for ages to watch US or Jap DVDs on my xbox, is it ever going to happen without a mod?

Flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

why not use an exploit? Don't think any official one is planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

exploits are grand aslong as you have one of the games required - might aswell just go for a mod - they're not expensive to get installed anyhow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

exploit??

Im not sure of a mod, dont want to hurt my baby

I thought there was one in the pipeline, perhaps not....:(

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

This might be what your looking for, not available till the 26th of december apparently, so new year then over here

http://www.ajg-direct.com/games/xb-dvd_region_x.html

Shin

that's been coming out on the xbox for over a year now i'm afraid - play.com no longer gives a date for it

modding really unlocks the full potential of the console - it's great being able to play all my fav snes games on it and watch a few divxs

• Advertisement

shinzon, is that a release for a US machine?

Flogen

I think it is yes

Shin

crap.............

now im not saying this will work but apparently some peeps are having success with this method of playing import disks on UK x-boxes.

you need to search the forums for this

But if you get say an american offical DVD remote and plug it into a UK X-box apparently it works, goes for the Japanese remotes as well.

Shin

Again it works for some but not for others

it'll definately work if it's the first remote plugged into the xbox - not sure if it'd work if you already used a dvd remote becuase the first one you plug in sets the region in the eeprom

http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/docs/eepromcontents.html if you're interested

Nige

• Advertisement
Advertisement