Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not 100%

Options
  • 02-11-2003 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Emm, just wondering if there is any other people on boards.ie besides me that isn't fully Irish?
    I'm half Irish and half Thai
    If you are, do you get treated wierdly?
    coz whenever I go to a Chinese Take Away, they always look at me wierd \o/ or maybe I'm just paranoid? :confused: lol
    I was actually in town for a LAN and in the morning when I left with my friends we stopped by Centra at the end of South St. Georges Street.
    Anyway, when I went to buy something, these orientals, I think they were anyway, were behind the cash register. I went into shop twice coz I forgot to buy something first time round.
    And the second time I came in, the girls behind the desk asked me
    "Where do you come from?"
    I understood what they meant, so I said
    "Thailand, well half...."
    I'm just wondering, does anybody else think that's wierd?
    I get treated wierd in Thailand, when I go for holidays there aswell...
    ...... SHEESH! is there anywhere I don't get treated wierd coz I'm half Irish and Half Thai......

Anywho.. anybody else not 100% and has strange experiences?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

im irish, but i thought i'd just write anyway.

people make misconceptions because of the amount of asian students here. you are probably going to have to deal with it a lot. i have a friend in a similar situation, but she just tries to deal, once they here her speak in the dublin accent tho most people forget.

try not to care about it, or let it get u down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

my gf is American
    Lots of people demand to know her opinion of Bush before they'll talk to her at all.
    Twits.

Advertisement