Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham - Liverpool (score inside)

• 02-11-2003 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Fulham 1 2 Liverpool

I listened to the game and they sounded very good value for 3 points. Heskey is in danger of becoming a goal-scoring machine! :D

Quite why Houllier left him on so long after his knock is a mystery though....

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Last minute penos... you gotta love 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

what an unbelievable save from Dudek from Saha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

still worrying though to see Fulham score from yet another unmarked player. They really have to sort that out. Also, Murphy should be Liverpool's Number 1 Penalty taker. He never misses. Owen on the other hand can miss very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

gg...

traore is a liability..gave the ball away way too much today :(

great game from Gerrard. was all over the pitch.

Murphy was poor..aside from the peno.

blatent peno...and deserved red card for Saha...last man back and more than likely a third goal.

up the table we go! [not much tho!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I personally thought a draw would have been a fair result, the penno was a bit harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Originally posted by The FANJ
    I personally thought a draw would have been a fair result, the penno was a bit harsh.

Harsh? There's never been a more clear cut penalty, how on earth was it harsh?

Originally posted by The FANJ

Harsh me arsh! That Penalty decision could be used in the Referees training manual on when to give a penalty. Even Chris Coleman said it was a definate peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Harsh me arsh! That Penalty decision could be used in the Referees training manual on when to give a penalty. Even Chris Coleman said it was a definate peno.

Maybe he didnt see it ;)

Was defo a penalty and was a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, but if Boa Morte got sent off I think Murphy should have been sent off earlier for a very similar foul. I know ye'll say that he was the last man before the goals or something but the ball was still in the Liverpool half of the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

too-true.

Murphy should not have been on the pitch after his tackle- A disgrace - if Keane or Viera had done that they would be calling for their heads.

How could that be called a clear cut scoring opportunity? he still had to go half the pitch and would have been caught - its a lot easier run faster without the ball.

• Advertisement

Murphy's tackle, although bad, was accidental. He was running from the side and his momentum didn't help. Boa Morte's tackle was deliberate and completley reckless. He'd been in a mood all game and was just itching to do some damage. Also, he'd just been booked a minute earlier and even though it was a straight red, he would have went anyway 'cause it was definatly a booking offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

still worrying though to see Fulham score from yet another unmarked player

Absolutely - they were wide open for it. Having said that Traore should have stopped the whole move in the first place - why Houllier plays him I'll never know - Riise should be in there, at least while Carragher is out. When you see Traore on the team sheet you know there's gonna be trouble:rolleyes:

Agreed Murphy's tackle was very dodgey but there's no question about the penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

why should traore have been the one to stop i believe Gerrard was the player who was turned inside out but in saying that it was a bit unlucky that he stuck his leg out to divert it straught to saha

good game all in all good to see them finally picking up 3 points in games like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Murphy's tackle was bad, but it was one in which he tried to play the ball, mistimed it and was deservedly booked. Boa Morte made no attempt whatsoever to play the ball and his only intention was to hit Pongolle.

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    why should traore have been the one to stop i believe Gerrard was the player who was turned inside out but in saying that it was a bit unlucky that he stuck his leg out to divert it straught to saha

good game all in all good to see them finally picking up 3 points in games like this

The fact of the matter is, there should have been someone picking up Saha. He was completley free and had loads of time to score the goal. It's something that has creeped into our play this season and GH has to sort it sharpish or we won't even win the Carling Cup, never mind the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 darktooth

Stephen Gerrard is possibly the most hyped up player in the premiership. I watched the Fulham game and he was the Liverpool player who gave the ball away the most.

He is always looking for the 50 metre pass. When the team are a goal ahead the priority should be to keep the ball. A 5 metre pass would be fine. (so long as it is not to Traore)

I would have given man of the match to Hyypia.

Collectively the team played well althought the goal against was yet another soft one. The more attacking style this season is great to watch, the way Liverpool should play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Originally posted by LFCFan
    The fact of the matter is, there should have been someone picking up Saha. He was completley free and had loads of time to score the goal. It's something that has creeped into our play this season and GH has to sort it sharpish or we won't even win the Carling Cup, never mind the league.

This is true but i was just pointing out it wasn't traores fault i wasn't saying what should have happened :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by super_furry
    There's never been a more clear cut penalty

oh yes there has! scholes against rangers in the last minute, desperate challenge, last man, brought him down, should have been sent-off and a penalty given.

anyway, good win for pool, really surprised me, fulham were on a good run and a very tricky side to beat under coleman especially at home, kinda like birmingham. im slowly building up a tiny bit of respect and tolerance for houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by smemon
    im slowly building up a tiny bit of respect and tolerance for houllier.

I am sure that has made his day :)

Advertisement