Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q2 question

Options
  • 06-09-1999 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

We are having some strange problems on our LAN servers and wondering if any of ye lot may help pin point them. Not sure if its one problem or many combined.
    1. When running by certain places ( mainly walls )on the q2dm1 the players get stuck, cant move and after about 3 or 4 secs the player craters.
    2. Players trying to do a ordinary jump end up doing a double jump even though they only pressed jump once.
    3. While strafe running about the place and this happens on several levels, if you run strafe and jump too close to a wall the player sometimes doubles off the wall.

We have several machines all with basically the same copy of quake on them...so we can't narrow it down to a singal server.

any ideas?

Thinking it may be dodgy config.cfg settings tampered by some mod. So if someone could please send us a copy of a default server config.cfg please I'd appreciate it greatly!!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

soz cerative i guess ppl just dont know tongue.gif

I know i dont - it seems very strange to me...

Asuka

resinstall it i reckon.....boooo!!

I seem to have resolved part 2 of my delema when i "migrated" from using numeric pad over to the w s a d keys. WEIRD!!!!

Just incase you cared?!!?!?!?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Are they all patched up? Sounds like a stoopid question but if not I'd do it.

M

• Advertisement

Yes I do ...3.20....it was working fine!

What da mean "patched up?"....do question marks go the inside or the outside of
    quotation marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

He means do you have all the latest patches installed? I recall getting stuck in walls as being an original version 1.00 bug.

If your quoting someone it's inside, unless yours was also a question then it's outside as well.

Advertisement