Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone selling a gfx card?

Options
  • 13-09-1999 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

looking for a tnt2 ultra. is anybody selling one, know anybody that is or know where i can get one for relatively cheep. oem will do.

ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

What? My friend got a TNT2 Ultra for £100 OEM. I'll take that or some unboxed, no game, no driver card. It needs to be working tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm just laughing because you just said in an earlier post that you were too cheap to buy a new card. Gah talk about changing your mind.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I got my TNT2 Ultra for about £100 on the Tottenham Court Road last week... it's sweet smile.gif

I now have a Voodoo2 12Mb for sale if anyone wants one... £50 to a good home smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

Well, one has to think about priorities. I got KingPin. I want to play KingPin. I need a 3D accelerator to play KingPin so I think I'll buy one. Sure I should get around £15-20 for my ATI. Now all I need is another £100ish from sales of RAM. Dan hurry up with that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Um, how does tomorrow suit you?

what time? i'm in werk latish these days. btw are you still looking for a cd and floppy drive? i'll throw them in for a fiver extra (24X).

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 13-09-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Okay...
    Mail me a time and place!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

shinj ill take that v2 off ya for 40 quid

mail me at sbmartin@iol.ie if ur interested.

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

what make is the V2 rob?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Shinji, how does UT run on the TNT, cos I heard (or read in PC Format anyway) that it runs ****e on TNT but excellent on Voodoo.

I just got a TNT2 as well, and i put my V2's back in as well when i heard about this smile.gif the CPU in my comp is a PII 300, do I need a faster chip to get the best out of these cards, and if so, does nayone know a place that would sell a tower case, CPU, RAM, and motherboard only, cos nothing else needs replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The earlier pre-release beta's that everyone has runs *better* on glide, but when the game is shipped (we will see in the demo this week I suppose)) it will have great gl support, out of the box, so the dev team say anyway. As I said we await the demo to see and to criticise smile.gif

UT runs better on GLIDE, but that's in the prerelease like Vagga said. It runs poorly on OpenGL on the TNT, but once you switch into DirectX it runs very well, performance comparable to SLI V2s.

Bob - it's a reference board produced by 3DFX. 12Mb, runs all reference drivers, I've never had a moments bother with it smile.gif

Ste - I said £50, did I not? tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You can get a V3 3000 AGP with 3 free games for $90 here ($30 mail in rebate).

Shinji, is that £100 sterling, thats around £120 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Try http://ntweb2.iol.ie/bdex/

Suds was supposed to update that page with extra options but it works fine.

$90 = IR£68.53
    £100 = IR£122.92

Would that be the same Tottenham Court Road in from Train Spotting?

This one had slightly more drunks on it.

Oh no sorry, that was us actually.

Ya drunken Oirish louts ya. smile.gif

No, it was a tad over £80 Stg after haggling with the guy for a while smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement