Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have you heard of this sexy?........

Options
  • 02-11-2003 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi! My name is Janey and I'm from Vancouver, Canada.
    There is a band here that is pretty big and they are called Version Three. They have a web site at www.versionthree.net

My question is: The singer is from Dublin. Does anybody know what was the name of the band he played in when he lived there. (He moved to Vancouver only 4 years ago.)

All my friends are curious because he looks so familiar.
    I said HotHouseFlowers.....but I'm not really sure.

Thanks,

Janey
    Vancouver, Canada
    Janeylucas@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Hi Janey - I wonder what made you find this site?

Well anyway, none of them are Liam O'Maonlai, so the band he was in wasn't the Hot House Flowers unless it was one of the other less famous members of that band.

From the BIO section on the website link you provided:
    The band is a 3 piece, made up of Steve Gendron on vocals/bass, Pablo Domene on guitars and Kuno Kuenzle on drums.

I don't recognise the names. Someone in the Bands/Musicians forum might. This thread ought to be moved there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The cynic in me reckons this is a post to try and get traffic from boards to that site.

I see what you mean, SkyGirl, but I guess that someone who would post on multiple message board websites to generate traffic would not bother to create a signature or choose an avatar. It'd be just too much hassle I reckon.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, Janey. Please don't contribute to making me lose my faith in humanity!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

/waits for sigh of exasperation from the male sykeirl at being called skygirl again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 janeylucas

Another one of my friends said the singer was from the Cranberries before they made it big.
    I am not familiar with any of these bands so I don't really know.
    The singer of that band Version Three....his real last name is Mckay. If that helps.....pronounced Mc-kii

Thanks for all your help.....I really appreciate it.
    I found this site because my parents are Irish and I am an Irish dancer. I love listening to the Ireland's radio stations.

Thanks again,
    Janey
    Vancouver

• Advertisement

Nice one, Janey! I can now continue to believe that there are still some genuine people out there - and that I'm a good reader of people!

Even if we can figure this out, stick around for more conversations in the future - you might have fun. Everyone loves the Irish diaspora. You're often more Irish than the Irish themselves.

Anyway, which guy's real name is McKay? Or from the picture, which one is the guy you are talking about (left, middle or right)?
    title2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 janeylucas

Sorry for taking so long to log back on, but I've been busy with school and such.

The guy in the middle is the singer, Steve Mckay.

He used to live in Dublin but I'm not sure where exactly.
    Someone on one of the other sites said he was in a band called Westside.......

Anyhow.....I guess it's just a trivia thing, but I really do like the band and am curious.

Thanks again,

Janey from Vancouver, Canada:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Hmm, wouldn't be Stephen McKay from "The Cartel"

Click me!

S.

Advertisement