Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game project

Options
  • 02-11-2003 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

right, myself and my mate arent brilliant programmers but we have decided to take on the daunting task of making a game for our 3rd year project, both because it really interests the both of us and the fact that it'll, hopefully, improve our c++ programming skills, the question is which game to go for, either our own version of pacman or space invaders, dunno which to go for yet, we'll b implementing open gl to help us, so which do think we should go for and how hard will it actually be to do this :confused: , any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mr.StRiPe

Well the AI for Space Invaders would be much simpler, giving you more time to work on the OpenGL stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I'd advise going with pac man. It's "AI" would be fairly easy to set up. All pacman needs is a "random" movement thing for the enemies, that could turn into slightly biased movement towards you. that'd also be quite easy.

EDIT Space invaders is easier than that ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

If you ever play pac man properly you would know that each monster, cannot remember their names, has different mathod to catch the player.

One will track player in straight line, one will track when player is near, one will track player over biger area but move slow and I think the last one just appear move in random.

But the AI is still simple, all you need is some simple path search like depth first path search and breath first path search.

I am not aware that Space Invaders did have any AI.

Advertisement