Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas beers

Options
  • 02-11-2003 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Tiz nearly the season and all that!so in the spirit of Jolliness and all that is good and alcaholic I propose a nice good old fashioned beer up :D

Since I can now post polls here )heheheh poll) you can now vote for the venue for this marvellous event.

I propose we have it in December sometime preferably not the 20th as there is a boards.ie Christmas beer that day in the White Horse and some of thos people might scare the "normal" phantom FM clientele..

So eh...

have at it!

Where to go? 17 votes

Doyles
    0% 0 votes
    Bruxelles
    58% 10 votes
    Mac Turchaills
    23% 4 votes
    Other
    17% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

I think this is a great idea!

it should involve

(1)drink

(2)whelans (its cheap)

(3) christmas presents for me mr gump.

doyles would be a fine pub for the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Yes...

We go for pintage in pub i.e. Doyles then we go boogie boogies in somehere like Whelans afterwards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I propose the 12th December cause its my birthday that day and its a friday night, woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I like Doyles... i was there only last weekend. fun was had by all!

And Tyrrial are you going to actually show up to this one?

Coz you were known as Tyrrial the non showey uppey poopy head who doesn't show up for piss ups he puts his name down for!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Ok so now i see amz's thread(soory amz 4 postin that other 1), i'll come along and in december is good!! I propose Fibbers cos its free in now plus alot of people now go , its become better and drinks are normall price. What do ya think?????

No worries hon :)

I'm not that easily offended!

T'Would be great if ya came along I'm not bothered where we go once I get to plonk my arse firmly on a seat and stay there for a few hours whilst excercising my "pint" arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

20th? woohoo, day after my birthday. i may hijack.

"look at all my friends."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

is it just phantom board related or is it gonna turn out like last one where everybody from boards turns up?

i know theres one for them too but people dont usually give up the chance for more nights out than less

more is better than less in drinking terms oh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    20th? woohoo, day after my birthday. i may hijack.

"look at all my friends."

ME TOO!"!!
    SO this is what it sounds like when doves cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

For a crowd, I'd recommend the Turk's Head, loads of room if ye get there at a decent hour, it's been done up recently I think. I was in there last weekend on the scoops and it seemed way nicer/better/bigger than I remember. Normal priced beer, decent sounds, and free into the niteclub downstairs later on. Can ye get better than that ? Don't know why anyone would listen to me though, I haven't turned up for nothin yet ! Shame on me.

Originally posted by Amz
    preferably not the 20th as there is a boards.ie Christmas beer that day in the White Horse

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

How about the Thing Mote upstaris good pub very relaxed atmosphere and good music too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

so when is this gonna take place anyway?

and where?

are we gonna get an official announcement?

eh?

Advertisement