Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which case: Feel free to help me decide

Options
  • 03-11-2003 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

The price is not an issue as there only about a tenner between them. I heard a few ppl complaining of failed 360 chieftec Psu`s recently, which is sort of putting me off. But it looks nice, with the door and all, but the Antec has loads of room and well finished. Not a looker, but has a bit of a door too (I think) and 11 drive bays. 5 int HD bays with rubber grids between them, seems well set-out. If was in chieftec style there`d be no choice.

(Can any1 link me to the specs of that particular Matrix, komplett dont show de specs of it) I searched for a bit of info on it, i think it has 4 5.25 ext bays anyway, which is what i need.

I plan to put a Asus A7N8X Deluxe GD mobo in it. I was just checking the measurements (I had the specs printed off) and acc to my calculations the Asus will just about fit into the Antec. Theres like 1/2 - 1 cm leeway, is this a factor??

E109 komplett
    Chieftec Dragon MidiTower, w/Door, Blue
    Case w/360W power, w/USB&Firewire (UK)
    http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=112330&p=&t=589&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=13&GrpID=6&cks=PRL

E95 Elara - SLK3700AMB
    http://www.antec-inc.com/pro_details_enclosure.php?ProdID=93700

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Hey what about the Antec Sonata ??

It comes with a quality (very quiet) 380w PSU , its very good build quality, it has a pre-installed 120mm fan, it has USB, Firewire, and Audio ports hidden nicely under the shiny bit at the front, and it also has 2 blue led's that light up the front aswell.

It seems to be very simular interior wise to the antec case you were suggesting. It has the 5 hard drive trays with rubber grommets for less vibrations.....

Fitting wise the motherboard will fit in no problems at all, ive had the A7N8X and my NF7-S in the case (tighter fit than the Xaser II).

The sonata really is a brilliant case , im delighted with it........ should keep it in mind mabye ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I have the case from komplett and its grand. Plenty big....although i have the silver i would ahve reathered the black.

I didn't like the case from elara. (plus i have a mate who ordered from them twice and both times his order was somehow screwed up).....you rolls ytour dice and you takes your chances with em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

The sonata is E140 off Elara. I refuse to pay over 100 for a case. Im just about willing to stretch to E109 for that matrix one.

Yeah, those antecs look similar, part from the 380 compared to 350 psu. Think ill have to debate with the original 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the new version of the slk3700 (the bqe) should be out soon, same case only in black (proper black not the black the cheiftecs come in which is dark grey)

it has a quieter psu and looks pretty nice to me goto

www.antec-inc.com and look it up

slk3700bqe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I like these guys I have to say. very difficult to find them though. Komplett had some on their site a few weeks ago but when I asked about it, they disappeared!
    You seem to get a lot more for your money when compared to Thermaltake or the like.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10346740&loc=101&sp=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if u want an alu case get a coolermaster or a lian li not one of those tacky travestys

Hey Peace,

Would u mind posting the specs of that case plz?
    How many drive bays are in it? I cant find the specs, not on komplett or on the Chieftec site.
    I wanna get something ordered this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I also recently bought a Sonata from Elara, and i am well impressed with it. :D I am in the process of building a new system and loving the case tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Cyrus
    if u want an alu case get a coolermaster or a lian li not one of those tacky travestys

true, but coolermaster have discontinued their best range of cases the ATC 200,201 to name a couple.

get one of them they are great they are in limited stock in www.overclockers.co.uk

they are expensive but they are the best aluminium case and any1 who is a serious man about cases has one.

i didn't know that they were discontinuing them when i bought mine but it made me think "that's another reason why to buy it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also you can't beat the removable motherboard tray that you get with coolermaster

• Advertisement

Think ill wait fot the new Antec bqe version. Or else ill just have to order the current one.

Are the Chieftecs as horrible looking as they appear on the chieftec website.

http://www.chieftec.com

Advertisement