Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Cavelera to speak at Trinity

Options
  • 03-11-2003 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/arts//2003/1031/cavaleram.html

Soulfly singer to speak at Trinity
    Max Cavalera, frontman of Soulfly and former vocalist with metal legends Sepultura, is set to speak at the Philosophical Society in Trinity College next month.

Cavalera will be speaking on the topic 'Is music losing its right to an artistic licence?' on 13 November.

He will be joined on the night by fellow speakers David Kitt, Glastonbury Festival founder Michael Eavis and DJs Rick O'Shea, Brendan Balfe and Tom Dunne.

Other guests scheduled to speak in the coming months include comedian Rory Bremner, author Salman Rushdie and 'Baywatch' star Gena Lee Nolin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Metal's answer to John & Yoko. How to ruin a great band in three easy steps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

that would be interesting. i would go to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

whoa!!
    RTE has a website?!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Anyone have any details on this? Is it open to the public? Whereabouts in Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

did y'all hear that that all of Soulfly walked out on Max the other week, but whats new there?

perhaps this leaves the door open for a Sepultura reunion, dunno if theyd want him back tho. think of how much moneyd make, theyd be one of the biggest metal bands on the planet again.

deffo be goin to this by the way and try to convince him to rejoin Sepultura :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Yeah, ditto here, I'm deffo heading to this. How cool would it be to walk in with your walkman playing 'Rattamahatta' and then to see the man himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Leave Sepultura alone! Big Derrick's doin a grand job. Roorback was f*cking ace.

Soulfly... well... I've nothing to say really. It says a lot about a guy when the rest of the band just ups and leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by Doctor J
    Leave Sepultura alone! Big Derrick's doin a grand job. Roorback was f*cking ace.

I like that song 'bullet the blue sky'. Good cover!

[/B][/QUOTE]Soulfly... well... I've nothing to say really. It says a lot about a guy when the rest of the band just ups and leaves. [/B][/QUOTE]

Seen soulfly live and they ruled.

Leave it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 terry phipps

hey people what time does the speack happin at???
    does anybody know????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Max had to cancel !!

Sorry i couldnt post this earlier today...I rang TCD and was told that he had to pull out coz he had to be back in the UK at 6 in the morning and couldnt work it out time-wise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement