Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got Viewtiful Joe?

Options
  • 03-11-2003 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to get this or F-Zero X today, I'm leaning towards F-Zero but still not sure. Anyone got anything good or bad to say about Viewtiful Joe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alot of fun to play, HARD, about 10-15 hours play for an average gamer (with more modes/characters to unlock when you beat it), and innovative (its great seeing original ideas in games).

And its absolutely beautiful..... one of the best looking games on the cube.

I think FZero and VJ are both worth owning - its up to you to decide which style of game you'd prefer.

VJ Reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gamecube/viewtifuljoe/
    FZero Reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/gamecube/fzero/

You decide.... :)

(By the way, VJ is €50 in Game.....)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I hate the way all the great games come out at this time of the year instead of being spread out. Aside from F-Zero and Viewtiful Joe (I'll probably end up getting both in the end) there's also PES3, SSX3, Amped 2, True Crime: Streets of LA, Rebel Strike and Mario Kart: Double Dash. And they're all out before December. Add in the fact that I'm still hopelessly addicted to Morrowind and I don't think I'll be leaving the house anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by super_furry
    I hate the way all the great games come out at this time of the year instead of being spread out.
    yes, damn them for releasing good games at a time when nearly everyone is off school/work & has time to kill

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

well, actually it'd be much better if they relased them in the summer as opposed to having summer as the worst time for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Originally posted by tman
    yes, damn them for releasing good games at a time when nearly everyone is off school/work & has time to kill

But they don't release anything of note during the summer - when nearly everyone is off school/work & has even more time to kill than at Christmas. Instead publishers hold over until Christmas and end up fighting for scraps in what is traditionally an over-saturated market and great titles (such as Viewtiful Joe) get lost in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lol im all like WOW VIEWTIFUL JOE and WOW FZERO but like, im in l.cert year and still working. i havent even had time to finish ZELDA ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Viewtiful Joe = Sexual!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still waiting on my viewtiful joe to come in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by Kold
    Lol im all like WOW VIEWTIFUL JOE and WOW FZERO but like, im in l.cert year and still working. i havent even had time to finish ZELDA ffs
    Know the feeling. i had the intention of getting zelda finished before mario kart came out, then f-zero happened... damn work and college and their taking up of all of my gaming time!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

sorry for draging up old threads but got this today and jaysus its good ! everyone go out and buy this litle treasure NOW !!!! Lights camera action action action

• Advertisement

Its a fun fun game..... I still laugh out loud when you meet Hulk Davidson (the room before, and the actual conversation with him.... hilarious stuff).

One downside is that its VERY hard.... 'specially on later levels. Good challenge, though.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

GOTY without a doubt. stylish, slick and stupidly hard. its the kill bill of computer games. two minutes of playing it and its plainly obvious its something very special

aye keep dieing on the helicopter towards the start of the game :p only had one or two trys though , seems quite hard , can only slow down time so far but it still rocks , should be a cartoon !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was going to do my report and presentation yesterday and before hand I sat down to play a small bit of viewtiful joe. I looked at my watch afterwards and it was 6.30 :D Had to watch Seven Samurai afterwards so Didn't get anything done.

Fantastic game. It's getting really hard now with the arrival of the black robots.

(If you're stuck on the apache chopper you'll face two later on.

well now im on the two of them and dear god they are hard :( when I run outa VFX i cant dodge the bullets and get shot to bits , add to that all the guys on the ground and the missiles..

its not really anoying though :) even enjoy it when im loosen

Use slow + zoom and hammer the kick button to do quick big-damage kicks to the choppers (I can't remember if you have zoom at that point, though.... apologies if you don't!)

Make sure you pick up all the vfx powerups .... 50 will add an extra bar to your vfx gauge.

Don't buy anything in the shop until you can afford the powerup that doubles the recharge rate of your vfx gauge. Its the most important (and most useful) powerup. You should be able to afford it just before Hulk Davidson (Episode 2 boss).

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

had it but i needed the money for mario kart, gonna get it again as soon as i get me hands on a bit of dough and f-zero too!

tis a fookin' amazin game! HENSHIN A-GO A-GO BABY!!

Did anyone pause the game on the 5th and 6th levels. It's hilarious.

Quote:

Nothing personal but is it a number 1 or a number 2 :)

Don't forget to flush the toilet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Quite astonishing that my baby sister owns Retrogamer at Viewtiful Joe; 25 attempts to beat that boss?

Very impressive game (play). The fat mentor is hilarious.

Advertisement