Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Wireless Keyboard

Options
  • 03-11-2003 10:48am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've got one of those MS Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse sets. The mouse works fine and to begin with the Keyboard worked fine too but then the keyboard quit working. It won't register anymore with the base unit. I brought it into work and it works fine in here. I've tried other wireless keyboards and I've the same problem on my machine. After using a wired keyboard for a while I tried the wireless again and it was working, but only for a week or 2 and then the same crap again. Anyone any idea's what could be wrong? I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP1 and a P4, 2.8Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Abit Siluro Fx5600 Graphics, 120GB SATA HDD, ABIT IC7-G Mobo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Just a thought...

But do you have any other wireless devices around the pc? apart from the mouse.

I would of thought that the mouse and keyboard get seperate channels.
    Maybe the keyboard is using one that is already being used by something around the pc.

portable phone, etc.

Maybe I'm wrong, I can't remember what wireless freq /band those keyboards/mice use...

Cheers
    S.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

the closest thing we have is a wireless phone in the bedroom but that's in another room. There's nothing else wireless near the keyboard. I plug a bluetooth dongle in the odd time but this problem occured before that and they are completley different frequencies. I wonder could the phone be strong enough and be on the same frequency as the keyboard?

Hmm, yeah its def not the bluetooth, totaly different freq.

Dunno if the phone would affect it as its far away.

Only one way to find out.....

Actually,

Can you change the channel of the keyboard?

I think its in the Control Panel | Mouse settings .

I know you could do it with the Logitech Wireless Mice.

Might help....

S.

Originally posted by shurl
    Dunno if the phone would affect it as its far away.

Only one way to find out.....

Aye, t'is true!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by shurl
    Actually,

Can you change the channel of the keyboard?

I think its in the Control Panel | Mouse settings .

I know you could do it with the Logitech Wireless Mice.

Might help....

S.

Don't think so. Haven't seen any reference to changing the frequency. It's a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Package

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Does the driver appear in task manager (type32). Try upping its priority. I had some problems using point32 and type32 together.

Originally posted by Giblet
    Does the driver appear in task manager (type32). Try upping its priority. I had some problems using point32 and type32 together.

Godd idea actually. I'll try that. Thanks!

Advertisement