Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stricltly for the mommies

Options
  • 03-11-2003 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

i had a baby girl 2 years ago and still carry a fair bit of post baby weight, especially around my middle, any tips on shedding the last stone, i was 9 stone before pregnancy and a slim 10-12, i never had a belly or lower back weight but my fat levels shot up straight away in early pregnancy, my shape has comletly changed, i am now a 14 and 10.5 stone, not happy about it and find it very hard to loose, i am also nearly 30 now, maybe that has somehting to do with it too, anyway i dont have any streth marks , just flab and would love to hear from any of you with advise on this, i am short and naturally pear shaped so i dont carry weight easily, it really gets me down and sometimes i do comfort eat to deal with it, i do feel unnatractive and need advise
    lizzy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

the tummy muscles become less elastic during pregnancy and so trying to shift that tummy is probably near next to none... however,, someone i know who has two children is stick thin after those two pregnancys... she says she went on a strict diet, ate no junk and limited her food intake... so no going for the second helpings... exercice is also vital as this increses your metabolism and leads to faster weight loss....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Two options I believe:-

The first is maybe yoga or some tummy exercises, I have had one child and my stomach was back to normal after doing yoga, but then I quit smoking and gained weight, however I have since lost that weight and have the flat tummy - well flatish but I'm not looking for a washboard tummy. I also cut down on sugarary foods and fatty foods, but I wasn't obsessive about everything I ate, without really sufffering I've lost just over a stone.

The second option, is to be comfortable with the way you are now if you can, if you can accept your body as it is, then you won't have a weight problem. I used to be a size 12, I'm now a 14, and whilst I wouldn't like to be too big, I accept I won't be as slim as I used to be. The way I see it I am not defined by my body size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hipchick

Have you thought about having aromatherapy massage its great for increasing the elasticity in the skin and also gives mommy time out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

i thinks the advise you give is really god and i intend to try some of it, its weird though, i think sometimes i really give in and say to myself "oh weell i deserve this bar of choc" especialy after a hard day of sloggin it at home with my little one who is at that age where she just defies everything i say and my whole day is spent runnin around after her and stuff, but then i watch a movie or pick up a mag and see the trim tums and checkbones and really miss who i used to be before motherhood and i guess in such times i pcik up food again as a comfort, its a vicous circle but i am gonna make a start date and stic to it, ive gieven up so much stuff lately , bad eating habits are the last to go, i never sit for a meal, always pickin at bits of food thruout the day when i get a quiet 5 mins which is rare enough anyway, oh well will let u guys no how it goes

Advertisement