Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interpol

Options
  • 03-11-2003 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

anyone like this band, their album is solid gold. and hasnt been bet by any other new-wave punk band, except maybe kings of leon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Hmm yes they are quite good. Kind of a cross between 80's U2 and The Smiths - but with a bit more aggression and of course that 21st century twist ;)

I saw them in the village a few months ago. Good gig, place was packed.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Yep, "Turn on the Bright Lights" is a bloody good album. :D

BM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

absolutely amazing album. easily the best of 2002... and the brilliant Franz Ferdinand supported (their single/EP Darts Of Pleasure is definitely worth picking up as well)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ive d/l'd a few songs off the album, gotta say so far it seems excellent. Very reminiscent of (one of my favourite bands) Joy Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Interpol are an brilliant band and "Turn on the Bright Lights" is a excellent record. Franz Ferdinand are also very promising and, along with Interpol, I await new material/album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

yes, very good album. I think they are a mixture of a whole range of late 70's 80's sounds rather than something completely different, but they do it well - just look at the above posts, everyone sees a bit of someone else in them. I ahve to agree with the Joy Division influence, but I think I also detect some Bends era radiohead in there too and some Television. Still tho, some great tracks- Stella and whatever the 2nd track is (the one with 'stabbing yourself in the neck' inn the lyrics), rool o the next album!

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

I'm hearing Bauhaus and the Cure in there too.

Advertisement