Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brainwashing twats lose free poster rights

Options
  • 03-11-2003 2:33pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This in from Ananova
    non-profit organisation that advocates making gay people straight has been told to pay if it wants to advertise on Metro stations in Washington DC.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays are among a group of non-profit groups that have been told they may no longer get free advertising space.

The Metro's Operations Committee wants to eliminate free public service announcements by non-governmental agencies and force organisations requesting extra service to pay a deposit up front.

The changes follow a financial dispute with the National Football League.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays say they won't be able to afford the £7,400 it would cost them to run a series of adverts in 10 stations for a month.

The policy of wanting to charge for the space still faces approval before the full board next month, but spokeswoman Leona Agouridis said Metro has already been telling non-profit groups the agency is not committing to any space beyond December.

"It's a very sad day for non-profits," said Regina Griggs, executive director of Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays. Their advertising campaign advocates making a gay person straight.

Metro is also said to be looking at advertising in its nearly 400 bus shelters.

The link contains this poster:

74272.jpg

... Aww poor guys can't get posters to brainwash us anymore. I'm so sad :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tendofan

While I've absolutely no time for the organisation mentioned, and would happily saunter into their offices in high heels and a tiara taping posters of Freddie Ljundberg (sp?) to the walls, I think it's appalling that a group non-profit organisations aren't going to be able to freely advertise their services. Hopefully, it won't affect less, shall we say, reactionary organisations.

Tendofan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Here's my interpretation of the ad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Heh heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

OMG that's brilliant!

Advertisement