Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newsletter tracking?

Options
  • 03-11-2003 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am creating weekly newsletters but need to get some stats.
    I obviously know how many i'm sending out but i really need to find out

a) how many are opened.
    b) how many of the links are clicked on.

Im pretty sure there might be something in the email headers like a read - receipt request that might well give me the stats for how many people opened it.

Any other suggestions?
    Has anybody done something like this before?

any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I usually use a html email template. In this template I would include a gif 1x1 pixel that is basically calling a server-side script on my server. This method would let me know that the email has been opened. If I already have a list of emails, i will be able to track who opened it.

All my links would also link to another tacking system that would include their email address in the link, that enables me to track who was visiting.

I tend to write my own custom script, but there are a lot of off-the-shelf produts out there such as newsweaver etc that will do more than this!..

Hope this helped!

Advertisement