Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my friends problem

• 03-11-2003 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

ok i ll do my best to explain this situation!!!!!

halloween night my 17 year old friend (who is a girl) got reallly really drunk!
    a group of them were stayin in tents for the night but the next day she couldnt remember a thing!

she found out later that she had lost her virginity to one the lads that was with but the bigger problem was that they didn't use any protection????

she still hasn't gone to the doc so the question is how long after does the mornin after pill still be affective????

she is really broken up over this because she wanted her first time to be with some one she loved and not in a field while she was pissed out of her tree! alll her friends know and its almost gaurnteed it wiil be around her school in seconds! any advice for her?????????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Poor girl...it's a harsh life lesson and I hope nothing unfortunate occurs. I am not sure about the pill...24hrs is recommended as far as I know. But worse, there could be STDs involved, etc. Tell her to bite the bullet and get to the doctor..there is no other resolution to consider.

Not to promote scare tactics, but, she may have even been drugged, etc etc and a doc is the best way to find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

chastity belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

chastity belt
    a bit late for that!!!!1

i dont think she was drugged apparently she gets like that alot, i know your goin to say its her on fault so don't!

its the whole pregnancy thing that has her up the wall i think std s will have to take the back seat for now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by bombidol
    chastity belt

God you are a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Well Woman's Clinic, on the Northside of the Ha'penny bridge. Discrete, and cheap check up. I suggest if is really shock up you go with her to hold her hand or get a good friend of her's to go with her and spend the day together minding her one way or the other. Poor Girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

The morning after pill will work up to 72 hours later. There's no point hiding her head in the sand, get the pill first and deal with the other problems with the situation after

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

get your friend to contact the Well Woman Clinic

they can test her for pregnancy and std's

all info here:

http://www.wellwomancentre.ie/contact.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

also check out the IFPA (Irish Family Planning clinic) they are on Synge st on the southside and Cathal Brugh street on the northside also think they have a clinic out in Tallagh somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

its too late for the morning after pill now
    she needs to get a check up asap
    the sooner she finds out the sooner she can start thinking about her options if something has happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

bummer

• Advertisement
Advertisement