Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed up my AGP Bus?

• 03-11-2003 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

damn, damn, damn.

My mate had a problem with his modem last week.
    Basically, during the lightening, there was a flash, his phone rang one and since then he hadn't been able to dialup.

I took his PCI modem and tried it on my own system and it didn't work.
    Got another modem to work on his, therefore his own was buggered.
    Bought a new one and his system is grand now.

However, when I plugged my own system in the graphics seems to have stopped working entirely. Monitor doesn't detect that it is plugged into anything and when I boot nothing happens.
    I tried another AGP card and same problem.

A PCI graphics card works on it though.....

AGP knackered? Reset the BIOS etc.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Kananga
    I tried another AGP card and same problem.

A PCI graphics card works on it though.....

Not a good sign m8 :(

Is your mobo still under warranty? If so, bring it back to shop / get it RMA'd. You should get a replacement for free, usually a newer version of what you had if you've had it for a few months or more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

a new twist to it now.

With the AGP card in, the display doesn't work until WinXP loads up the login screen. Then it seems to work OK!?!
    SO it's only during the boot process where t doesn't work. Very weird.

Thanks for the response Unkel, I'm not sure that it is under warranty but if I can't figure it out I'll have to blag something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

perhaps the frequency range is too high for the monitor at those low resolutions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

hmm. That could be it I guess. I thought it would automatically adapt if that was the case but maybe plugging in the other computer 'confused' it or something.
    Thanks for the replies guys, At least I know the MB ain't knackered.

Advertisement