Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Gamecube Bundle confirmed

Options
  • 03-11-2003 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

£99 Mario Kart bundle spearheads Cube sales assault
    from gamesindustry.biz

Following Microsoft's recent Xbox bundle initiative, which saw Midtown Madness 3 and a two-month Xbox Live subscription voucher join Halo in a £139.99 console bundle, Nintendo has hit back with a deal of its own, bundling triple-A Christmas hopeful Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and an exclusive Zelda Collector's Edition disc with the diminutive console for just £99 (EDIT: about €146) from November 14th.

Mario Kart: Double Dash is already winning critical plaudits, with many print magazines doling out top honours for the racing series' GameCube debut, and gi.biz sister site Eurogamer awarding it 9/10 in a massive review this morning.

However the crowning feature of the bundle for many fans will be The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition disc, which aims to build on the success Nintendo's original Zelda promotional disc by bundling two of Link's original NES adventures (The Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link) with both N64 incarnations (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) and a one-level demo of GameCube update The Wind Waker. It is not though that the disc will be made available elsewhere.

Nintendo will be hoping that the limited edition bundle will help drive Cube sales back above those of its closest rival the Xbox, which it overtook briefly following the recent launch and widespread advertising of a £79.99 price point, only to sink back again following the Xbox's reactionary bundle deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dammit i want that zelda bonus disc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

a bit off topic but ive been waiting to say this for ages. Rainbow Kirby you got that quote of your from the episode of the simpsons in which apu was at the IT college, that was frinks quote except u changed household PC to Xbox2. I feel better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well seing as everywhere in ireland is selling the cube for €120 instead of €99 like the rest of europe, i wouldn't be surprised if it costs closer to €170 here in rip off ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    a bit off topic but ive been waiting to say this for ages. Rainbow Kirby you got that quote of your from the episode of the simpsons in which apu was at the IT college, that was frinks quote except u changed household PC to Xbox2. I feel better now.

I'd send you a blue peter badge, but you porbably wouldn't have a clue what Im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Mario Kart review is up on Eurogamer. Gets a very positive review and a
    9/10
    score :

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53660

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Ugh.. 6 page fanboy review. I think I'll try it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Scruff
    well seing as everywhere in ireland is selling the cube for €120 instead of €99 like the rest of europe, i wouldn't be surprised if it costs closer to €170 here in rip off ireland.

The irish stores should keep it in line with Zelda: Wind Waker box set; €150 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

(dragging it furthur off topic) That quote (with computers) was actaully made by head of IBM, i think, in the 50s, and as far as I know, she is actually quoting someone who said it with XBox2

(on topic)
    It's not fair! All the real hardcore Nintendo fans will want the bonus disc, but odds are they have a cube by now, I think this might be a ploy to get people to get an extra cube!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

bit off topic as well... but how fuk do they get away with charging €120 for the gamecube? its just.... not fair!! :mad:

is it €120 everywhere, or just Game?

bit more on topic... that bundle looks sweet! but I agree, pity you have to buy a new console to get the disc :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i remember hearing that argos would be restocking it for €99.
    making those ripp off bastids the cheapest in ireland:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Don't... own... gamecube... must... have.... Mario Kart !!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really really really want that zelda disc. I've no other way of playing majoras mask except on the GC and all the emulators run it far from perfectly.

Nintendo would be silly not to sell the disc for at least a limited time. It will probably be on the nintendo stars catalogue for a ridiculous amount of stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

God I really hope the game is nearly as good as the original.... Please please please please please

The review is somewhat dragged out too!

Woohoo! Nintendo US are offering other ways of obtaining the disc. Check it out here.

If I register my Gamecube, plus Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, I get the disc for free. Excellent; like the Stars Collection only you get things far easier.

Unfortunetly, this applies to all two of you who own NTSC Gamecubes. Someone register their PAL Gamecube on November 11th and see if there is any joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

im mighty angry now

there are also no plans to add it to the "stars" catalouge either.

rumor has it that will be limited edition Mario Kart Double Dash boxes featuring a recording of david gosen laughing at you every time you open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Why Nintendo? Why? The single biggest reason for me nearly failing college was Mariokart 64. And now they want to destroy whats left of my pathetic excuse of a social life with this! At one stage we actually sunk so low as to gamble money on single races. Whole weeks of lectures were missed. And now, just when i thought it was safe to go back in the living room.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I really really really want that zelda disc. I've no other way of playing majoras mask except on the GC and all the emulators run it far from perfectly.

If you were a real gamer, you'd have it on the N64.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you were a real gamer, you'd have it on the N64.

Not if I'm a college student who only got his first real job 2 years after it was released and was only then able to afford a second console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Ebay, pretender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Syth
    (dragging it furthur off topic) That quote (with computers) was actaully made by head of IBM, i think, in the 50s, and as far as I know, she is actually quoting someone who said it with XBox2

Just to drag it further off topic and clarify it:

What a previous IBM president(? ) in 1949 or so said was:

"I think there is a global market for, maybe, five computers"

The quote in the signature is based on this quote and is from the simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

It'd just one of those stupid quotes taken hiedously out of contex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Wasn't the Zelda disc meant to be released with the next Zelda (or so the initial rumours I heard said)? Why not give the old Mario Kart games with this one?

But I WANT THIS GAME! I want it so bad I'll sell my mother for it. Any takers?

Incidentally, don't worry bout missing the Zelda disc. With the response it's likely to get from gamers missing out on it, and from Nintendo's neccessity to make as much sales as possible right now, I can see it being rereleased sometime in the future. Or at the very least available on e-bay. Me, I'm gonna find a kid who got that bundle and beat him up. :D

:ninja:

Registered my Cube today; nice quick registry system Nintendo has. Have to wait for the two Mario games now.

3 days to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 days to go... why cant it hurry up and be friday?

Well it's the best part of 3 days for me since I've to go to college first and then make a runner into town to get it an run back home. Report and presentation aren't helping things go any quicker either.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Sweet review. Will probably grab it on lunch Friday. Thank the Lord for working in town. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

ive said it before an ill say it again
    argos = gamecube for €99

• Advertisement

The IGN.com review wasn't too good. Only got 7.0 However I think they might have been a little too harsh. I think I'll be buying based on the eurogamer review which gave it 9.0 based on how much fun it was.

Advertisement