Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you stick with 1 Team?

• 03-11-2003 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if people start a game with 1 team and stick with that team throughout (which is what I always do).

Anyone jump around from team to team during a savegame? never saw the point of this myself as its much more satisfying to bring Barnet or similar to Champs league glory than to take Man U over when ferguson retires and leave your current club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

I kind of get attached to a club after Two seasons.
    I once managed Forest Green Rovers for 42 seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just started playing last month. Into my 5th season. once i do the quadruple ill go to another club :)

was so close last season. Lost in semi's in Fa cup and in final of Champs league to Bayern.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yea, once i've done it all ill change team. Might just start a fresh game though. Playing in 08/09 now with Sheff Wed, top of the league unbeaten after 13 games but im only in the UEFA cup, so the holy grail is a while off yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I'll normally stick with a team till I'm bored, I'll stay with a big club untill I start winning everything with ease, then it's time to go and join some division two nobodies and sign loads of former greats on free transfer along with all the best free transfer youngster. All are happy to play division two when they are working for such a good manager and are confident in moving to the premiership in two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I grow too attached to my team to ever part with them. So I'll play with them the whole way through. Usually games will last a max of 10 seasons before I start a new game. I hate having to start over though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- picked Oxford the last 2 CM versions, will probably try them again next version. I enjoy the lower division stuff more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

If you've started low down, and brought success then you stick with them, brought R n' D from conference to CL winners in consecutive seasons, never going to take another job. Its crap that the clubs or your personal reputuation doesn't reflect this improvement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I usually start with a d3 team. I took charge of Leyton Orient for 1 season, realised I was going to get the chop but thankfully Walsall offered me a job, I got them promoted and now I'm on top of the Premier League after 7 seasons, however the board still like having a capacity of 12,000 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

It's more satisfying to stay with one team, particularly a team that have started in a lower division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

I put a 5 year plan together - eg Rushden will be in Premier Division within this period
    If i dont make it , i hold my hands up and resign *<-- Hint for Mr Houllier *

• Advertisement
Advertisement