Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 32 inch versus Sony 32 inch

Options
  • 03-11-2003 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am totally new to boards.ie but I am looking for some advice which you may have already discussed. I am considering buying a 32inch 100hertz television and a home cinema system. I have a budget of €1400 for the tv and €400 for the dvd system. I like the Sony kv32fq70 which is €1429 but have seen a philips 32pw9308 which is around the same. Does anybody know which would be the better buy? I am not up on the jargon they both have to sell them, pixel plus or whatever. Also what dvd home cinema system could you recommend?
    Thanks for your help
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

Hi Brian
    I have the Sony 32" TV and a friend of mine has a 36" Philips and I like the picture of the Philips.
    If the main purpose of the WS TV is for home Theater and you allready have a TV at home (old, small doesn't matter) I would go for a projector (like I did).
    Leave the old TV for news and use the PJ for the DVDs and matches.

Regarding the audio - you can start from 150 Euros for an all in one crap system and the sky is the limit. all depends on the budget and priorities.
    I think you should hear a 400 Euros system compared to a more expensive system (seperates obviously) and decide for yourself.

Originally posted by MartinHSabag

If the main purpose of the WS TV is for home Theater and you allready have a TV at home (old, small doesn't matter) I would go for a projector (like I did).
    Leave the old TV for news and use the PJ for the DVDs and matches.

Interesting I'm looking into getting a projector-especially since I notice the ESB are selling them now and I can put it on the Bill :D
    See here

I presume the screen is separate to those things, and what sort of money would one be talking about for the screen??
    I also realise that the ESB are over priced, but they do match whats available locally now aparently.

mm

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I would probably choose Sony over Philips but I guess it's personal preference. I like the Sony FQ's!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sony all the way

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Forget Sony & Philips... Get urself a Toshiba TV, just look at any of the What TV & Home Cinema Mags, Toshiba always get Best buys and top marks...
    Just my opinion.
    Zep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

Don't buy based on magazines.
    Look at the picture with your own eyes head2head and pick what YOU like best.

Advertisement