Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Torres - best goal ever

• 03-11-2003 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

just got a mail
    which read:
    ...EWS FLASH...NEWS FLASH... NEWS FLASH.... NEWS FLASH... NEWS...

Fernando Torres, the 18 year old Atletico Madrid striker, scored the Greatest Goal of All Time last night. I haven't seen it but they say it's like nothing you've ever seen and would be worthy of Marco Van Basten, the Greatest Striker of All Time.

Sid Lowe writes on www.guardianunlimited.co.uk :

Moving quietly into space on the right side of the penalty area, Torres scored an absolutely sensational, and frankly slightly surreal goal. It was like watching The Matrix or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - only without the bit where you start scratching your head and try to work out what the bloody hell is going on. As Jorge's pass drifted towards his right shoulder, Torres leapt vertically about 65 feet into the air, flipped himself horizontally and hung there for about five minutes before producing a computer-animated flying karate kick to send the ball into the far corner.

Marca, AS, Mundo Deportivo, Sport, even the telly, everyone agreed that it was just like Torres's big hero, Marco Van Basten (even though it was closer to Johan Cruyff's famous toe-stretching volley against Brazil in '74). But better, much, much better. "It was like a cartoon," raved Marca's Javier Matallanas, while Torres's team-mate Gonzalo de los Santos described it as "incredible, unbelievable: it's going to be goal of the season."

Betis manager Víctor Fernández was just as excited, despite losing. "Torres," he said, "is one of the best three strikers in the league and I'm not just saying that because of the goal he scored, but because of his ability to make things happen, to create great football. Fernando is a truly great player."

any one find it or see it???????????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

yeah that happens me the whole time,theres probably dirt on your playstation cd-rom and this causes the play to slow down making the player hang in the air and pull off the flyin volly by tapping th O button 3times-easy peasy lemon squeezy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

Originally posted by gucci
    yeah that happens me the whole time,theres probably dirt on your playstation cd-rom and this causes the play to slow down making the player hang in the air and pull off the flyin volly by tapping th O button 3times-easy peasy lemon squeezy

confused?:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by technobob
    confused?:confused::confused:
    Well, gucci is taking the piss out of uberwolf because there is obviously no truth in the article. Do you really think a player would do this: "leapt vertically about 65 feet into the air, flipped himself horizontally and hung there for about five minutes before producing a computer-animated flying karate kick to send the ball into the far corner."

:D

no i was kinda confused as well though

Originally posted by technobob
    no i was kinda confused as well though
    Sorry I have edited my above post. I meant to say Gucci is taking the piss not you. I knew you were confused.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continental/story/0,8018,1076887,00.html

...I really hope they're either exagerrating the 65ft, or that this is a hoax.

methinks he might just be over descriptive in his reporting stylee........

I don't think its an over exageration as if it was anywhere near the best goal ever I'm sure I would have seen it by now on Sky Sports News or sometihng. Also, I have read a few reports on the match and it just said he scored, nothing about a fantastic goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I hadn't actually read the full article, the tone would seem to be sarcastic allright, but I remain hopeful

god is my sarcasm really over somepeoples head?

god maybe thats a sign i could be intelligent!!

reason for goal not being showed on sky is that it wasnt in the PREMIERSHIP!!cos the gospel according to sky is that everything great happens in the best league in the world,and they would have you believe taht is the premiership......oh and the other reason they might not have shown it is cos it prob dint happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

If this goal happened then you will see it on soccer am I'd imagine.

Also there is a LL round up on sky sports every week and they show many spanish games, perhaps ya should have a look out the side of the anti-sky blinkers for a couple of minutes there gucci, you might actually find what you are looking for.

the only reason i hate it is cos i cant afford it!!but on the brighter side not being able to afford it eans i get the excuse to go to the pub more often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Or maybe if you didnt go to the pub so much you might be able to afford it. ;)

Anyway the La liga review was on last night and is repeated on SS1 today at 3pm.

yeah if i dint go to the pub id prob be able to afford a car,own a premiership club but lifes to short......and your after suggesting a reason how i could make a legitimate excuse to go to the pub at 3 o'clok today DAMN U DAMN U TO HELL!!!:D

right im off now to get a good stool,but maybe i should get a chair cos i might fall off me stool when i see what a great goal it was

Originally posted by gucci
    reason for goal not being showed on sky is that it wasnt in the PREMIERSHIP!!
    This match was shown live on Sky Sports and I refret not watching it. About the Sky not showing because its not the premiership, when Roberto Carlos scored for Brazil against Jamaica a few weeks ago it was shown about 100 times on Sky Sports News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the reason they showed the Roberto Carlos goal was because he's living proof that if you throw enuff mud at a wall some is bound to stick.

The Real board is investing in a "us star wars" like interceptor to prevent law suits from their injured fans in row Z

I just saw the Torres goal, it was a good goal but nothing special and it was inside the box.

so it wasnt done in neo fashion then?? :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by eireboy
    About the Sky not showing because its not the premiership, when Roberto Carlos scored for Brazil against Jamaica a few weeks ago it was shown about 100 times on Sky Sports News.

If you were really cynical you could say that the reason that they showed the goal was because the match was played in Walker Stadium!!!

But that's only if you were really cynical!!! ;)

B.

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    If you were really cynical you could say that the reason that they showed the goal was because the match was played in Walker Stadium!!!

But that's only if you were really cynical!!! ;)

B.

classic!!!i stand justified on my sky/premiership biased comment......
    anyone know what carlos' "shot" (loosely called shots) to goals scoring ratio is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Was a superb goal indeed, not actually 65 foot but he did catch it sweetly.

Reminded me of the Sosa goal for Inter same type of volley but he was in front of goal.
    Keeper had no chance because it wrong footed him.

Very good player and banged in 7 goals in last 5 games.

kdjac

Advertisement