Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop Down Menus - New Version Now In Use (5-Nov)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by Ste-
    Getting the same using Firebird and the subbed menu moves when I scroll the middle mouse down

Same problem with non expanding menus on Firebird here plus I can't open any of the boards from the menus I can see.

I'm using XP and the minimalist skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by parasite
    while you're rooting around in the dropdown menu, could you expand the 'for sale' entry please ?

yeah - makes sense to me to just add in the dropdowns... disussed here

don't see how a tiny text para under a link makes people stop and read it in any more / less detail than they would a sticky - a more usable solution / in your face message would be a better course of action

also, the home page icon still links directly to into the For Sale forum from the homepage...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I can't get to the Broadband forum through the normal method, menu is not expanding

IE 5.5 on Win2k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I am addressing the right pop-out issue at the moment, that seems to be the most common problem...

Originally posted by Ste-
    Getting the same using Firebird and the subbed menu moves when I scroll the middle mouse down

See attached picture.

Try the subbed menu now Ste- - I've enabled scrolling since it is the only menu that can become too long for the browser window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Scrolling!!!

WOOT!!!

thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

When I try to get into broadband on the menu I get a javascript error line 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That Right pop thing generates this javascript error:

Line: 17
    Char: 637
    Error: Invalid Argument
    Code: 0
    Url: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=82 (Or whatever page I'm currently on)

Ironic that I'm getting invalid argument errors while trying to pop-out the Debating chamber. Not as ironic as getting stuck in traffic when your already late. But close.

Browser details are: Ie6 sp1 with every single possible patch Microsofts minions have seen fit to release to the masses running on a similarly updated Win2k server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

dropdowns gone at 11.54, friday 31st for me

Yes, any menus popping out to the right when you are over near the right hand side of the browser window are throwing up that Line 17 error, not sure what it is (and the error is a bit vague because it doesn't say Line 17 of what part of the script)...

Anyway I'll turn back on the old menu for all styles except Minimalist, and see if we can get the bug checked out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the sci/tech drop down menu level 2 does not appear when you you hover over any one with an arrow it seems also to cause the screen to expand on the horizontal to a huge size judging by the size of the roller bar on the bottom.

On mozilla 1.5 the question marks beside the sub menu's have now gone back to the arrows that were there before.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

The menus are popping out ok on Firebird now (thanks!) but when I try to click on any of them my curser changes to something that looks like an insert point from a wordprocessing program or two square brackets back to back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

did it always show the time & date of the last post when you move the mouse over items on the subbed menu?
    just noticed it now, damn handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Oh it scrolls! It has a scrollbar! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by tman
    did it always show the time & date of the last post when you move the mouse over items on the subbed menu?
    just noticed it now, damn handy!

Yeah I noticed it a few weeks ago.

BTW if anyone else can figure out what the problem is with the new menu, please let us know (JavaScript kings) - www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?styleid=17 (only visible on Minimalist style).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Could ya move it back under the ad and user cp etc where it was before or even below the current forum links.

Sucks way up there I think.

Gid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

um what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

lol very artistic..:rolleyes:
    I kinda agree...something about it isn't right..never much thought about it tho...It would save Having to strain my arm to move up that extra inch, but I wouldn't be too hassled about it either way..

aye trying to keep it on the simple side so ya might have a clue what i was saying.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That's where it lives in the camino browser. And Mozilla iirc. Are you using IE?

Ok, scratch that, the menu is theme dependent ...

ye using firebird but seems to be a new postition for it, any reason for it? And when ya moving it back :)

Just annoying, not something that lose any sleep over or anything lol just voiceing the ol opinion over this GRAVE matter. A Suggestions/request I guess.

Cheers,
    Gid.

Methinks the best way to keep track of this is to read the 'dropdown menus' thread on this forum. Cloud has been working on migrating to a newer version of the menus.

Sorry Gideon, this is temporary while I try to sort out a bug with the new menu.

The good news from the menu developers is that a fix is on the way:

http://www.milonic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12123#12123

Merging with previous thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I've got no dropdown menu on my frontpage (it's just on the frontpage)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Dropdown menu gone on front page Firebird/Red-Hat 9.0, what's up?.

• Advertisement

It's a little quirk if you use the Minimalist style, the drop down won't appear on the main page until a bug is fixed. Merging with other thread...

Advertisement