Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Bros. Contest

Options
  • 03-11-2003 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

I'm organising an Super Smash Bros. Melee contest in UCD. If you're interested, look at the GameSoc Board (at the Wall) and watch this space. It's open to all levels of skill and it wouldn't be mad competitive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Id be up for it , plz keep us posted here , what kinda date are we talking ? also a small entry fee would be good so you could have prizes , and also a team compo would be good 2 v 2 etc ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hehehe tis gonna be great! if this works out well there should be a mario kart contest when that comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Right, it'll be on at 6:30pm on Monday 17th of November in the Blue Room in the Student's Centere.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Be cool but i demand you run an all ireland one during the hols so u can feel cork pwnage. Me, GeKi and Ganon are pr0 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

^^
    and in the mean time jim defend N ire honour!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Syth
    Right, it'll be on at 6:30pm on Monday 17th of November in the Blue Room in the Student's Centere.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

savage, me be there

Well why not get your games societies to do a similar thing, find the best in your college and then we'll get a national thing and find the all-ireland champ!

In the mean time one thing at a time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PopTart

I agree with the all ireland one ...........bring it on
    My college doesn't have a gaming society
    it just about has a student union

arg forgot about this , is it deffo on tommorow ? how many people playing ? Is it gonna be a team thing ? is there gonna be a prize ? maybe everyone could chip in 5 euro entry fee ?

also how do I get to UCD and how long does it take by bus from town ?

danke

Yep, it's on today (Monday). I don't know how many poeple are coming, I postered and hope people will turn up. I reckon we'll try a bit of everything, all out champion, team, anything we have time for, we have the room for about 3 hours.

As for prize money, you play for honour, not trivialities like money.

There are many buses that go from town to UCD, 46A would be the most regular. I don't really know how long it takes, probably less than 30mins.

Tusky, I take it you're not a UCD student? ;)
    My college doesn't have a gaming society
    Well there is a very simple solution to that: Set one up.

• Advertisement

twas good fun , I didnt do great but it was all a bit random :p and who was that REALLY anoying guy ? he never shut up , he is the most frustrating person i have ever met , didnt stop talking for one second the whole time we were there asking the most idiotic questions

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We'll have to kill him if he comes anywhere near us EVER. cant believe that guy was in college, he acted like he was about 14 and from some bally-go-backwards neck of the country. Twas fun though. i did crap, got my ass kicked by someone being falcon.

That annoying guy? I have no idea. Some first year. There is someone else like that in UCD, but that guy was worse. I think he broke one of the controllers (partially). I'm sure every college has the one annoying twat that nobody can stand. That's one of the problems with an event like that, you can't really turn people away. If only...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wanna whoop ye all so badly....! ALL IRELANDDD

wish there was an all ireland SSB contest :)

It would be great to have an all ireland SSBM contest. The best time would be over the Christmas holidays, when there is no college or exams to worry about.

There about four ways I can see of doing it.
    (a) Meet in someone's house. But you might need a pretty big house.
    (b) Rent some room somewhere, like in a hotel, but that'd be hella dear.
    (c) Organise it through a college society like this one. But there might be problems about people not being in said society.
    (d) Go to a college (say UCD) find an empty lecture theatre and just start playing.

(d) looks like the best option. It would depend on when the college closes over the holidays and if we could get away it. I'll look into it. It would involve people travelling up to Dublin. Again, we could rent a hotel smak bang in the middle of the country to minimise inconvenience, but think how expensive that'd be.

Advertisement