Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kittens!

• 04-11-2003 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

my friends cat just had two gorgeous little kittens.
    anything they should know?
    first time mother, not much more than a year old.
    how long before they should start offering them solid food etc.?
    just to double check, weaning is 8-10 weeks yea? then its ok to give one of them away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

8-10 weeks sounds fine, they will be pushed away by their mom when she knows its time anyway, so that should be revealed by her, anyway the mom should probly be wormed along with the babies before you they are given away, mommies pass the worms on during nursing, i used to work in an animal shelter and often had to take care of baby kitties whose eyes hadnt even opened yet, so cute, they mostly did fine and sometimes were rehomed, we even had a foster mommy cat called martha who used to love snuggling up with various abandoned kitties and taking care of them , i at the mo have 4 feral cats living in my garden whose mommy wont go near them now cause they are grown up , i take care of them and her just by giving them a little place to live in and some food twice a day and will be gettin them neutered soon too, so anyway tell your friend that there is nothin really to giving them away as long as she doesnt do it whilst they are still weaning, and the time line you have seems cool enough.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Doctor Spoc

Anyone got any advice to get over a break up? if not, anyone got some Cinide? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Doctor Spoc,

Unless you have something to add about pets/animals, you're in the wrong place. Go on over to Personal Issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Doctor Spoc

Sorry wrong place!:eek:

Advertisement